Upgrade from G25?

I have G25 and I use it to practice before going to a real track (road course) and sometimes just for fun. My problem with it is that it is not precise enough, especially close to the center. Small inputs sometimes produce no effect and sometimes produce too much. Also, the gears there are too coarse, and when I steer, I feel gears grinding instead of being able to feel modulation of traction. So I need something smoother and more precise. Also, bigger diameter would help. With pedals, my only problem is brakes - there is too much movement without enough change in pressure force. I feel it needs a load-cell or at least a much tighter and progressive spring.

My budget is $1K for wheel, pedals and some simple stand. I was going to get Fanatec wheel and clubsport pedals, but then I learned that Fanatec is plagued with backorders and lengthy delivery times, and the new Thrustmaster 500RS also piqued my interest. I need to prepare for some events in mid April, so I could wait 2-3 weeks, but not more.

So what would be the best bet in my situation? Any options I'm overlooking?

Back to the original question, the answer is simple. No, you don't need to upgrade from a G25 - only the G27 is better and if you have a 25 already then it's not worth the upgrade. The first thing you should do is look at your wheel settings, ffb config files etc etc. There's so much playing to do, a wheel is not the answer, the settings are.

Upvote 0
This guy is from Australia, Land of Mel Gibson and those Mad Max Movies that featured a Blown Mustang...I know they didn't call them mustangs in Australia but its a Mustang. lol he favors a Peugeot!!!!
Actually the car in Mad Max was a 1973 Ford XB Coupe which doesn't share one part of a mustang (apart from the engine).. As for favoring Peugeots.. PLEASE..:rolleyes:

Anyway.. back on topic..

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back