Upgrade for T150?

Hello guys,

I have a T150 and I have had it for about 3 years and I think it's time for an upgrade...

I was thinking about upgrading both the wheel and pedals for the T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition for 390€ or

upgrading just the the pedals for the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals with the Loadcell for 271€ (includes shipping) and maybe next year I'll upgrade the wheel.

I play mostly ACC and AC.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

In my opinion the biggest weak point of the Thrustmaster wheels are the pedals.
So from a performance standpoint upgrading to a loadcell brake setup would gain the most advantage.

See Chris haye on the topic:

I myself found the loadcell pedal the biggest improvement one part of gear made.

Since I run a diy setup I can´t comment on the fanatec pedals, but you should be able to find a lot of opinions on them in this Forum.

Have you looked at the TM T-LCM which are loadcell based but cheaper than the Fanatec?
When you decide to go loadcell keep in mind that the bigger braking forces ( that is agood thing!!) will require a sturdy mount, meaning the pedalplate and your seat must be kept from moving around.
Lots of info on this in the forum too.

I do have a T300 ( since January) for my first wheel and do like it, much more than the G29 I drove shortly at a colleages house. It´s much to toylike for me.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
It’s really up to what you’re willing to spend but after having most of the entry to mid grade offerings it’s hard to beat Fanatec.
I think their starter pack is around $550 USD. You could add the load cell later. I came from the T150 to the Fanatec CSL Elite it is a drastic improvement.
The Thrustmaster T300 does not feel as good as the CSL, again it’s all subjective and comes back to how much you want to spend.

Edit: Do Not get the G29. Your belt driven T150 is better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
upgrading just the the pedals for the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals with the Loadcell for 271€ (includes shipping) and maybe next year I'll upgrade the wheel.

Definitely look at the T-LCM pedals - highly recommended, less expensive than the Elites and better IMHO. They should plug directly into your wheel or you can use them stand-alone via USB.

Upvote 0
I'm joining the thread since you mentioned the T-LCM pedals, which I'm also considering to buy to upgrade my T150.

Before doing so, however, I need to understand if it is possible to route the cables (USB and/or RJ12) from the right or left side of the pedal board, since I need to place it against a wall to prevent it from moving while I play.

I noticed that there are two small conduits (see the picture) on the bottom of the pedal board that go towards both sides, so I wonder if the cables can pass through them or not.

tlcmcockpitadaptor_1000x1000_3.png

Upvote 0
Before doing so, however, I need to understand if it is possible to route the cables (USB and/or RJ12) from the right or left side of the pedal board, since I need to place it against a wall to prevent it from moving while I play.

The plugs go into the front of the base so you’d need a couple of centimetres of space at the front. You could always mount the pedals on a wooden/MDF tray the projects forward past the front of the pedal base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does this also concern the USB cable, which is right angle?
Thank you for your answer.

I’ve just had a look at mine at home. My USB isn’t right angled. However, the sockets on the front are recessed far enough that you can bend the wires from the plugs and route them out through the sides without anything sticking out of the front of the base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’ve just had a look at mine at home. My USB isn’t right angled. However, the sockets on the front are recessed far enough that you can bend the wires from the plugs and route them out through the sides without anything sticking out of the front of the base.

Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I needed and it greatly simplifies the installation.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back