Updating other copies of GSCE

I've read you can make multiple copies of this game. A vanilla copy, modded copy and one for testing mods. Do they all get updated automatically? If not, how do you update the other two even if on another hdd?

Can you just copy and paste each install to the steam location and update. Maybe a little time consuming but it might be an option. Shrug:unsure:

Yeah, I think if you started with a Steam purchase/key you won't be able to manage more than one unique install.
You may be able to still purchase a non-steam license, then you would have that installation to manage other copies for mods and testing.

Not sure if option 2 works but this is what I was referring to.

upload_2015-12-21_12-16-7.png

Not sure if option 2 works but this is what I was referring to.

View attachment 115452
That's an idea. You just have to install-reinstall the trial version for the mods you have to try out if it really works plus if it updates too. I will try this when the new Reiza game comes out. I don't know how many times I've reinstalled/reverified gsce:rolleyes:. I just finished installing the blancpain mod and changed the values inside the folders to look clean. There's a lot of drivers for this mod to add for your own pit strategies,whewww, but got it done. I will enjoy this tomorrow:D.

Hey guys,, have anyone tried a program called "Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler"? I think this could be the answer to any game version from Steam. I just read about this in the F1 forum. You can turn off mods if you play online so it won't have any mismatch. Could be good for the upcoming Reiza game. I will surely take a look at this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back