Updating older Experiences with newer features?

Msportdan

@Simberia
What im seeing is with every new experience, it brings with it new (oustanding features!) which is all good to me. However it then sort of makes the other experience a little (dont want to say redundant) weak compared to the newer packs. Lets take DTM 14 and adac 14 for example, where the features in ADAC 14 like heating tyres/brakes etc etc would benefit in DTM (obviously not driver change) and thus so... doesnt make DTM so enticing, even though its literally new!.

Is there a chance we could see incremental updates to older experiences with newer features, for example at this moment the DTM 2014 / 2013.

I know from S3 point of view maybe adding features to new experiences help sell them, but from the consumer perspective it makes older experiences rather "die out" quickly specially at the rate you guys are knocking out these packs. Wish i waited for adac 14 instead of 13, which is the mentality a lot of people will get into purchasing your packs in the future, i.e.: will there be better content around the corner?!

I dont want to come across ungrateful but its just a dilemma i think people could face.

anyway good job getting this stuff out your making many people happy in the sim world again, like good ol simbin used to :)

merry xmas peeps

I think they eventually will bring all features across the board.
We got tire wear to R3E as well with DTM 2014, and soon pit stops to all multiplayer servers!
They wouldn't be able to keep this title going if they stop giving old content new features.
The fan base would eventually die out.

My original question stills stands, your original answer avoided that question, i wasnt talking about cars or tracks at all. just the features that come in new experiences.
Maybe you should read them more carefully ay?

mmmmm , i worry about you !

all cars have heating tyres and brakes , its whether you set them to on , there is a damage hud in the game , dtm had multi , multi is everywhere , seriously , though are you ok , as it seems everything frustratyes you in r3e at the moment , its broke , not getting there fast enough , ........ step back relax , smile , go dance in the woods (dont if its full of bears).... smile again, breath deep and be at one with the cosmos

Andi

The fully fitted part of the game is the RaceRoom Experience part, there you can do whatever with the content you have with the features the game provides.

The experiences are bound by the rules and content of that given experience, and on the question if they will always be updated to the latest, the answer would be most likely not all the time.
F.E. I doubt we will implement pitstops in DTM 2013 Experience, its too much effort, and seeing that all DTM content is now available in the Raceroom Experience, with all (and more features, with more to come) there is no real need to.

Edit:
The RaceRoom Experience will have access to all features, so things can be mixed and marched to your liking in the future. As stated below it makes no sense to update all experiences with all features, f.e. pitstops in WTCC experience won't be there, since they don't happen in real life either. But when playing WTCC cars in the RaceRoom experience you can do longer races and pitstop if that is what you like.

Last edited:
I think sometimes many forget that this game is still beta and out of all the next gen Sims the earliest in development, ya you can say AC is but it was supposed to be released in spring of 2013.
Every game out there has gone back and updated there old content, rf2 just did the gt cars, Iracing just finished switch all the cars to the new tire model etc.
Like Andy said......patients! :)

Edit:
The RaceRoom Experience will have access to all features, so things can be mixed and marched to your liking in the future. As stated below it makes no sense to update all experiences with all features, f.e. pitstops in WTCC experience won't be there, since they don't happen in real life either. But when playing WTCC cars in the RaceRoom experience you can do longer races and pitstop if that is what you like.

Thanks Jay, that gives me the note that I was looking for to make a new purchase; customisable games are what make virtual racing more fun and add longevity to me, so without mods being possible this is what I was hoping for.

Still holding out that the Silverstone, Spa and Paul Ricard WIP will be part of a BES release next year (ie: longer races and tyre change rules), but I look forward to the various types of pit stops, qualifying rules, race formats become available to be used by the cars/categories we choose.

I think with the AI driver swap thing, you've added a feature that will give me personally extra longevity as this has been a feature never available in any form up until now (as far as I recall).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 39.0%