updating game after long hiatus

haven't used rFactor2 basically since one or two weeks after the first version came out. wanted to update to current status but it keeps telling me there is an internal server error. also when i go to the update page and ask for a download, nothing much happens. anyone got any ideas? fresh install? where do i download a current version?

Good to see you are also coming to check it out again Eckhart! Always nice to have some company around :)

There have been many updates already. From start to last build, is quite a lot of work, so I also recommend a new, fresh install.
To do so, backup your user folder in the data section of your install, to keep your personal settings and stuff ;)
Then do a reinstall of the game, and install the mods.

There are already a few custom mods around. Not all are as good as we want, but some are already very nice. Besides that, there is the official ISI content. You need to get them to the latest versions:

1960's World Class - 1.1
Renault Megane - 1.1
GT World Endurance - 1.1
Formula Renault 3.5 - 1.2
Formula ISI - 1.0

Optional:
Renault clio (not officially released) - 0.2

For custom tracks, Mid Ohio is a must have. Used a lot, and very nice to drive. Do not install Watkins Glenn yet. It's a real bad version in terms of rattling wheels. Further, almost all tracks out are ok - good to drive.

All content released (as far as we know, and is legal, and is worth it ;)), is posted in the modding section of the rfactor2 forum.

If you need help, ask me, Stefan or Mr.C. We can solve just about anything you might encounter ;)

ok then: downloaded everything, game works smoothly but looks and feels absolutely crap. very disappointed by the GT "series" consisting of two cars only :( where can I find help with visual settings (I have an i7 and a quite good nVidia card) (just now checked some of the videos posted here and it looks like my rF2 is 10 years older, lol) and wheel support to stop that dreadful rattling once you go off the raceline (G27). And why does everything work so great out of the box in iRacing? oh yes, rF2 still just beta :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.7%