Apps Updated documentation or location of source for 'ac' and 'acsys' modules

Hi All,

I've been looking into creating an app for AC and I've been learning by looking at other apps. I am aware of the Python documentation and Shared Memory Reference, however I've noticed that not everything is documented.

For example, acsys.CS.ERSMaxJ, searching for it, I found this changelog on reddit: , however it's not in the python documentation.

Another example is ac.ext_glVertexTex. Searching for it, I found this: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Python-Apps-–-New-functions, which suggests it's added as part of CSP. Again there is no documentation I can find, or at least the full signature, so I know what parameters the function takes

What I'm asking is if there is anything anywhere where these are explained, or if there is a way to find the location of the ac and ac.sys modules, so I can look at the source code?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
They're not python functions, it's an interface to the game, which is for the most part written in C++. I believe for the most part they're just interface type stuff (C++ fills a struct with data, python's set up to read the same struct with those function calls) so there's not meaningfully source code for them. The direct openGL calls are probably an exception that works a little differently and gets to live with the rest of the built in ui.

Any starting with ext_ were added by CSP and are just undocumented beyond the wiki you linked, if people want to use them they get to do trial and error. If it's a get it'll take no arguments (or one car index), if it's a set you provide the value you want set.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm relatively new to python, but I kind of guessed that's what was going on.

Without going too off topic, is there a way to make AC run with python 3.4 instead of 3.3? The reason I ask is that the inspect module could potentially list the arguments, however based on this: https://bugs.python.org/issue20189, support for built-ins was introduced it 3.4. On 3.3, you get a ValueError

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 272 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 183 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 135 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 241 13.5%