Cameras Updated cameras for all cars 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I mean When you change the

rear view

in repeat mode that would be like in the race
Permanent cam
F1_2013 2013-11-18 05-18-40-70.jpg

Good work but WAY too much FOV.
It just doesn't look realistic, like the cameras we all see on our TV.

What would be realistic is if someone just take default cameras (I'm talking about T-cams cuz I drive with them and they are most important to me) and give them a LITTLE bit more FOV, and (this is the most important thing for them to be "as real as it gets") give them some more "tilt". They have to "have more ground and less sky in view", let me put it this way. :)

Those two last Ferrari pictures from real life you present to us, please don't take them as any reference as they just some "once in a lifetime, some promotion-spectacle show" - they are not standard race cams. They change lens for this occasion, they give them WAY bigger FOV (field of view), in my opinion.

But great work anyway... especially in those back-looking cameras. Keep up please.

Here's one nice example. It's not perfect either... but it goes in the right direction.... :)
2011TCAMS.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man. :)
Please, make no mistake... you already done really great job.
Something I (tried and) can't.

Keep up. For all of us.

edit:
I know what you're trying to say, but take a closer look please.... I would say - the bottom of your screen looks good but everything else - it does not. The nose of that Ferrari is WAY too long and everything else is too streched, it's obvious imho. And the reason for this is, of course, too big field of view (FOV). So, my theory is - you just can't completely duplicate the our beloved one and only THE REAL T-cam. :inlove:
Here's my graphic explanation. Or, at least, my attempt of it:

351v9co.png

2ibgeux.png

And that's difference between your own two Ferrari's - one from real life and the other from the game. Hope you understand my point better now. Cheers. ;)

Last edited:
I see that there are differences between two screen captures.It's difficult to reproduce the same view.Game is not 100% representative of reality.
I said that he has a slight distortion of the image on the real T-cam(fisheye effect).I can't do the same view.I can only get closer.
I make an effort to do a camera that looks like reality.If people aren't happy, there are several tutorials on the net.;)

He means that you have to do the camera higher, closer to the front and seeing more to the driver. Check the differences between both photos with the steering wheel.
Actually.... looking at them now (and taking in consider that you just CAN'T duplicate those real life T-cams) I think just moving cam higher would do the trick. But - moving them too high and, once again, you'll lose sidepods out of the view, which would not be so cool. Argh.... you just can't have it all.... :devilish:
I see that there are differences between two screen captures.It's difficult to reproduce the same view.Game is not 100% representative of reality.
I said that he has a slight distortion of the image on the real T-cam(fisheye effect).I can't do the same view.I can only get closer....
I know that you just can't completely duplicate those real-life T-cam, in my first post here I already said that. So, don't give yourself hard times, it's really not entirely up to you.
....I make an effort to do a camera that looks like reality.If people aren't happy, there are several tutorials on the net.;)
No, no, no... we're satisfied. :D They best around here, at least in T-cams department, like I already said.... cockpit cam isn't my priority, I drive with T-cam.
But I think I'll do them for myself and if they good enough, who knows... :)
I think I won't change X-Y position position of the cameras, I'll just tilt them down (a lot!:D) and give them some slightly more FOV. That's all. And let's see with what will I came up....
One question mate, though.... did you update archive, already ? Would I get new version if I DL it now ?
Ah, here's another actually... sorry... :x3:
Do you modify just Ferrari or all other teams ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%