GT5 Update v2.02 & New DLC

Update: The patch is now live and contains the following changes, fixes and additions.
Major Changes and New Features

- New Car Pack 2 DLC.
This pack adds 4 new cars including the new and improved 2012 R35 GT-R, Mini MINI COOPER S, Volkswagen Golf VI R, and the Volkswagen Scirocco R.

- Wheels can now be changed on Standard cars.
Select the desired wheels for your car in GT Auto, to make your car lighter and improve the styling.

- Downloadable content can now be used by multiple users with the Family Upgrade.
This Family Upgrade will allow the the Course Pack and Racing Car Pack (including those purchased as a part of the Complete Pack) DLC's released in October 2011 to be used by all acounts on the same PS3™ system. (Planned Release Date: December 21, 2011)

- The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.
Once you have purchased the Car Pack DLC's, you can purchase additional DLC cars in-game using game credits.

- A copy feature has been added to the setting sheets.
Please use this feature when you wish to slightly modify settings you have already made.

Gifts

- Toyota 86 GT 12.
We will be giving out the Toyota 86 GT '12 as a holiday season gift to all players that have installed the 2.02 update.

- Free tickets for GT Auto.
Free tickets have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto. 10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update.

- A gift to those purchasing the DLC's.
We will be giving out an additional car; the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards to customers purchasing any of the DLC packs released in October 2011. The New Car Refresh can be used from the Special Tickets option in the items list, and will return a car to a brand new condition (to a condition even before breaking in the car's engine). Equipped parts and current paint on the car will not be affected by this ticket.

Other Improvements

- Pressing the □ button in the car ticket selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car tickets at once. (The limit of the number of tickets you can receive all at once is 100.)

- Tyre wear has been substantially increased.

- In GT Auto you can now see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.

- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events and Seasonal Events, pressing the □ button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the △ button will show the drivers list.

- An option has now been added for 'Max. number of participants - this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.

- Added ☆ marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.

- Racing sound effects adjustment.

- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) has been adjusted. This applies to steering wheels with a 200 degree turning radius including the GT Force®、Driving Force™、GT Force®RX、Driving Force Wireless™ steering wheel controllers. The [Steering Type] (Amateur/Professional) settings in the Game Options will be ignored, and the controller's steering angle will now directly affect the tyre turning angle of the car.

Correction of Known Issues

- An issue has been corrected where you would overrun without resetting if the pit lane is entered at low speed on some tracks.

- Corrected an issue with performance point calculations for the Red Bull X2010 and the X2011.

- Corrected an issue where the rear wing/aerodynamic settings was being reset when switching between setting sheets.

- An issue was corrected where the car would become stuck in autopilot from the pit lane if a certain condition is met in an endurance race on the Tsukuba Circuit. Also revised the entry route during pit stops and speed judgement.

- Improved multi-monitor stability.

Undocumented Changes

- 'No ABS' has been added as an option to the lobby restrictions.
- You can now make penalties apply to Free Run mode in lobbies.
- Individual HUD elements can now be shown or hidden individually. (Speedo/Revs, Suggested Gear, Timings, Driver List and Tyre Load)
- The view no longer defaults back to the TV camera when restarting a replay.

And the 'Racing sound affect adjustment'? As far as I can tell, all they've done is add a horrible wind noise effect when driving at high speed. It sounds like you're driving down the motorway with the sun roof open. Needs to be removed or there needs to be an option to disable it, because it's just plain crap.

Thats PD for you, the next update there will be a "family" sound effect :)

I've seen one complaint that tyres now degrade much faster than they used to. I haven't had time to do any testing myself, and I haven't see the complaint repeated by anyone else yet. Anyone done any significant mileage yet to find out?

I did some testing myself for the championship. Thought I'd post the results here too for those that are not taking part.

I did five laps of Nurburgring GP/F in a racing modified Corvette with each compound of racing tyres, noting their condition once I'd finished (in rubber remaining) and the approximate differences in lap time.

Soft - Front: 35%, Rear: 40%

Medium - Front: 55%, Rear: 60%, +1 / +1.5 seconds compared to soft

Hard - Front: 65%, Rear: 75%, +2 / +3 seconds compared to soft

So the soft compound is now useless for anything but extremely short sprint races, or perhaps slightly longer races with a mandatory pit stop. Of course tyre wear does vary between cars and I haven't tried any of the other tyre types yet.

More undocumented features:

- Individual HUD elements can now be shown or hidden individually. (Speedo/Rev Counter, Suggested Gear, Timings, Driver List and Tyre Load)

OP updated with all the current info.

wow i can finaly put some proper wheels on my standard cars yay! :D
i wish they would fix the problem with the clutch+h-shifter still though... have your foot slightly on the accelerator when changing gear and the gear change fails? that doesnt happen in real life... and if you change the gear quickly on a car with a slow gear box it should just have a lag from gear switching instead of going into neutral...
Also it would be a nice feature if in the cars with "dogleg" racing style gearboxes (like the ferrari F40) you would have to use the corresponding stick positions on a h shifter (bottom left as 1st instead of 2nd and so on.

This sounds great! I love to race without ABS on. The first races with RD I did without ABS, but it was too difficult to win races with that. Would be cool if we could have some races with ABS off. It really makes you feel the road more.

Brakes in GT5 are not done particularly well. People on control pad would find no ABS particularly difficult. My DFGT was also useless without ABS as the brake pedal was much, much too sensitive to give you any real control over braking pressure. Nice that this restriction has been added for those that wanted it, but I won't ever be using it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back