News Update V1.3.0.0 27th November 2021

IMPORTANT
: You must delete your Automobilista savegame\[User Profile Number]\automobilista 2\tuningsetups to reset your car setups to their original settings - failure to do so may result in a broken driving experience (it is not necessary to delete your other game settings).

I have been looking for details of what the default+ profile is about, but did not find it. Can someone point me to details or explain what this new profile brings and what is different from just default?
It’s the new ffb updates, but if you're happier with the current ffb then you use the default.

Exposed FFB gain per vehicle to FFB script files.
Adjusted base gyro/damping FFB calculations
Reduced FFB parking force multiplier to minimise rattling when standing still

Last edited:
It’s the new ffb updates, but if you're happier with the current ffb then you use the default.

Exposed FFB gain per vehicle to FFB script files.
Adjusted base gyro/damping FFB calculations
Reduced FFB parking force multiplier to minimise rattling when standing still
Thank you Kenny, I understand it is the new one, I tried it, it is fine, I prefer the default, but both work great.
I was hoping for more details on what is different, not from an impression in driving perspective, I do not need anybody for that as I can feel the difference by myself, but more on what Reiza changed from default to default+, is + just for new gyro/damping calculation? That would be fine, just curious if there is more changes.
Is Exposed FFB gain per vehicle to FFB script files, only when using default+? Where are those files located?

Wow!
I finally got around to launching AMS2 for the first time in ages with this new update.
It is so much better.
This was a badly needed and proper overhaul to rid this sim of many of the 'PCar-isms'.
Gone are the skipping menus if the steering wheel wasn't centered...the high frequency 'bouncy' chassis, etc...
There are still a few 'quirks' remaining (controller setup not appearing to immediately respond to input mapping commands, etc...) but the overall update out-weigh those niggles.
My biggest gripe was indeed that chassis reaction to rough or off-road excursions.
It'd just bounce unnaturally and just look cartoonish.
It actively stopped me from launching the title for months.
That appears to now be fixed and the rest of the work done by Reiza.
They've done a really good job.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you Kenny, I understand it is the new one, I tried it, it is fine, I prefer the default, but both work great.
I was hoping for more details on what is different, not from an impression in driving perspective, I do not need anybody for that as I can feel the difference by myself, but more on what Reiza changed from default to default+, is + just for new gyro/damping calculation? That would be fine, just curious if there is more changes.
Is Exposed FFB gain per vehicle to FFB script files, only when using default+? Where are those files located?
It is literally the same as Default with a few extra effects highlighted (hence the name).

In the simplest terms, it puts more emphasis on the weight shifts of the chassis (cornering, braking) and blends those with the standard steering rack forces. If you like to feel just what the steering wheel would communicate, use Default. If you would also like to feel the weight of the car blended into those, use Default+.

As with everything AMS 2, there may be certain cars that are not-yet fully tweaked to take best advantage of the Default+ (or maybe even some that could still use some help for Default). Every car now has individual FFB profiles crafted by Reiza. These take time, especially because some of them required revisions after all the physics changes sent lots of things back to the drawing board.

Hope that helps explain what you need :)

P.S., for me (Fanatec CSW), the exact same slider settings work for both profiles equally well. But, I have heard from others that they preferred to make changes for Default+.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Will Default+ eventually supersede Default or Reiza will continue supporting two flavors of FFB profile for each car?

well the ginetta p1 is fully sick with ffb and physics on kansai. its got to be a top tier combo now in sims.

for me I think it has the potential to supersede default in general if its setup for the car/track

edit: however it causes clipping at kansai with ginetta (p1 class) and for that case the default normal is fine. I mostly run on default since update, but have no settled on a final result, default is still good/much better than before.

my settings are reasonable if not ideal usually 66 gain 20 27 0 and importantly there is no real difference with default+ in terms of characteristics except weight. Its right up there as I said with other cars in other games this one. I could try with less gain.

Last edited:
The first thing I noticed was how much easier it is to counter-steer. Nice!

I first learned to counter-steer in real life on a motorcycle, and then in a MK1 Toyota MR2. I would rotate around corners in the canyons all day on it long before I'd ever heard of "drifting."

Anyway, it felt a little too difficult to induce in some of the 90's F1 cars (I haven't bothered with chassis adjustments), but now the cars seem livelier and with better feedback. Just my imagination? I don't know, but it's feeling good to me!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years