Update request thread.....

I don't see why not really. there are some old cars that need some loving caring attention to bring them back from the "dead" so to speak.
I think I'll start work on a car I just found that I'm sure people will want, Ferrari 456GT (by f50). its Quite old, made for 0.5F and 0.5.2B7.4

I think this is a good idea, though some of the older cars will need more than just shader work.
Now, I know that listing every car ever will not help things but I am going to list some of the ones I had some fun with or were memorable in some way or another.

Normally I would attempt to do it myself, and fixing up a shader file is doable but getting the audio right can be an issue and properly setting up the suspension is beyond my capability atm.

name=Plymouth Barracuda
year=1968
credits=Ryan T
comments=Formula S - 340cid V8
id=cuda340s
name=Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda (Alpine White)
year=1970
credits=Sven Franic, ini by: Mr. Whippy 2003.
comments=v. 1.0
id=alpwht
name=Plymouth RoadRunner (vitamin C orange)
year=1970
credits=Mesh and textures by Shmelby; ini,sounds,shaders by Alex Forbin
comments= For Racer V0.5.2Beta4.1
id=rr4406
name=Nissan Skyline HT2000 GT-R
year=1971
credits=Model by Endo, ini by Endo (based on ini by Cosmo)
comments=BETA TEST VERSION
id=KPGC10_v0011
name=Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.0 V8
year=1984
credits=Car by Bumper - INI by CUL8R - All credits in readme.txt
comments='Tuned Port Injection' 'V 1.0'
id=84z28
name=Ferrari 308 QV
year=1984
credits=Car by f50. ini tuned by Mr.Whippy
comments=Euro version of the Classic F-Car.
id=308qv
name=Toyota Sprinter Trueno Advan Kurata
year=1987 v1.2
credits=Model by Endo, ini by Cosmo°
comments=Cup Car
id=AE86_lite_v1001

*Edit
That 68 Barracuda still looks pretty good considering it's age(cept for that odd block in the centre of the dash), was a very fun car to slide around Schuchter.

The Hemi 'Cuda, need I say more?

Same goes for the 70 RoadRunner (yes, I know there is a 71 as well but I did not end up using that much so it did not make the list even though it is still cool) The model of this one last I recall, like the 68 Barracuda did not age too badly.

The KPGC10, it may not be insanely quick but like the 68 Barracuda was fun to take out on Schuchter among many other tracks, actually, Schuchter should be updated too!

84 Camaro, I like thirdgen f-bodies so this is a must. If the model has aged too badly, one might perhaps try slipping the forza camaro or firebird in and having some private fun like that. I *do* seem to recall this car flipping over more frequently than it's real version should..(at least I think that was this car) it most likely needs it's suspension&tires looked at closely.

Ferrari 308 QV, I seem to recall that this one has a set of keys that sway back and forth, I loved that extra touch! I also seem to recall that the model has aged fairly well, though I have not really used it in a while. I think this is perhaps the only Ferrari I have seen that I might want to own irl if I based my purchase on looks and had lots of money.

The AE86 is quite a hyped up car sometimes, and normally I avoid the "FnF ZOMG DRIFT CAAUR" thing, but it is a neat little hatch that I think deserves continued use. It is also not designed in the 90s, so it gains points there as well. :p

Just thought I'd mention I found an ancient Countach, and started updating that. it took amazingly well to a new pacejka, and new shader. Need to work on the sounds though, might add more lights to it though (right now it just had brakelights, that I fixed so it doesn't light up the whole unit).

I might have to look into some of the cars Oelmuvun posted.

and cars Stereo posted I haven't touched the Golf yet, but the 944 S2, and A3, I've updated the shaders, though the A3 has one shiny grill that I'm not sure how to really fix.

track worked good for me, didn't see any issues.
screenshot224-1.png

that Countach was originally made for 0.5B5, I added lights, still tweaking it.

Just to list a few cool ones that I remember being released...

Toyota Celica GT
Toyota Celica TRD
MINI Cooper S
Mazda RX8
Nissan 350Z
Alfa 147
Alfa GTA
Audi A3 (2003 ish shape)
Cuda something or other?
69 Boss Mustang
BMW 330i
Caterham
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 360
KD Spirra
Jag E-type
Mini Cooper (Sven's)
Toyota MR2 Turbo
Nissan Silvia S14
Corvette C5
R34 Skyline

There are certainly lots more, that is just going through my old old downloads from years back...

All of those, imo, with decent shaders and car.ini files would be plenty fun enough in Racer today... they just need the hours putting in to get them good, or many many hours to get them really good (certainly possible with a number of them!)

Cheers

Dave

+1 to:
Toyota Celica GT
MINI Cooper S
Mazda RX8
Audi A3 (2003 ish shape)
Jag E-type
Mini Cooper (Sven's)
Toyota MR2 Turbo
R34 Skyline
Nissan 350Z

I updated the Nissan 350Z so it could be used in the current beta and added sounds from TDU, but nothing more than that really. Will have to dig it out again. Same for the R34.

+1 to:
Toyota Celica GT
MINI Cooper S
Mazda RX8 I think i saw a pic some time agoo...i'm sure a update is already in progress....
Audi A3 (2003 ish shape)
Jag E-type
Mini Cooper (Sven's)
Toyota MR2 Turbo
R34 Skyline
Nissan 350Z

I updated the Nissan 350Z so it could be used in the current beta and added sounds from TDU, but nothing more than that really. Will have to dig it out again. Same for the R34.

Sorry Harey :tongue: Yours does look good though :)

...it's a start but not perfect...

...hmm..i think i have to do a new shader file for each color...

..a little better.....i think....

Try make the main car texture greyscale (for the body colour), and then make a 'paint' shader like on the Lambo, so you can just tweak the colour via the car.shd values... it works really well!

That is if you can get to the DOF to make those changes... I'm not sure if the car is made like that, or if you can get at the DOF to make it like that :D

Dave

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing