Update on shocking Fanatec Support and RMA.....Its worse

Worse issue is that latest beta driver firmware update has bricked some users wheels :confused:

L25MWXN86B2B.png
Unfortunately I don't think this is all down to software. There are soo many variables in most peoples race setups that can create issues. Something I have always done during upgrades and it hasn't failed me yet is the following steps.

1.) Remove previous fanatec driver, reboot
2.) Install new target fanatec driver, reboot
3.) After restart I disconnect every usb peripheral other than my DD1 wheel base. Remove the current rim from my DD1. Power on the wheel and open the fanatec utility and check for updates.
4.) Install motor and wheel base updates that come with new driver.
5.) Perform center calibration.
6.) Connect each wheel and check for applicable updates and install as needed.

I have been using Fanatec gear for about two and a half years and have not run into any issues upgrading drivers / firmware. I have recently just upgraded from 439 to 442. I understand others have had issues however I am just sharing my experience.

Unless you like being a Beta tester, I'd steer clear of the Beta. The latest officially released driver (439) I selected to reset all settings to factory and use auto setup to allow each game to determine settings and so far so good in iRacing. Much better feel and no need to tweak.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%