Update - AIW - Looking pretty

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Work continues on v0.8 with some big changes to the AIW / Pacenotes interface. This will improve the ability for creating the AI paths required in rFactor and Simbin games.

The Pacenotes driving line and direction will be easier to understand too although converting existing pacenotes in existing tracks might prove tricky.

Attachments

• PitsAnyone.jpg
    PitsAnyone.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 389
  • grid.jpg
    grid.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 308
  • 42Cliff

I hope you can get the pacenote editing so that its easy to modify notes once they are made - especially the modifiers (the radio buttons) should have some sort of graphic on the note..

its essential to be able to modify notes after the first few passes, and right now there is no indication of what the modifiers on a particular note are once its been made .. (the radio buttons are not selected when a existing note is selected)

• Fatboymart

AIW has been one off those obstacles that has prevented me from furthering my project to completion.

This is up there with track merge as one of my highest priorities, so thank you Brendon.

(track merge next...pretty please? :wink2:)

Unfortunately both Sinbim either ISI games provides a bunch of idiots AIW cars.

If you tune very well AIW file, they will be able to run fast, but still stupids.

GTR Evo has shown the worst AIW behaviour I've ever seen: if you park you car in the middle of the track, the idiot computer car parks behind you. It's frustrating.

In Rfactor either AI cars are impossible to catch because their speed ore are more like a Grandmama driving to Supermarket.

The best AI I've seen is in F1 Challenge. Okay, maybe they are little stupid too sometimes, but in terms of time speed, they drive very equal to real driver, and each lap is different, and sometimes I can get them after lot of laps, catching them 0.008 sec each lap, etc... which is very close and realistic to real F1. I hope this game will be supported one day.

My vote for best AI ever goes to Grand Prix 4.
Maybe ISI could get Geoff Crammond to write their AI.:struggle:
I've never seen a perfect AI in any game.
The best AI is online.

Fully agreed...

It's a shame that AI code proceduring is no longer used.

That's the only game which overtake was really a challenge.

Every games plus else are too far way.

Hi, Piddy!!, when are you going to release the 0.8 version?, I say that because I m doing right now, the AI paths of my last circuit, so......Should I wait a couple of days for it?,

Cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing