WIP Upcoming Tracks 'Circuit of Wales' (Ebbw Vale) WIP

Hi

I tried exporting it last night, and the grid had vanished. So I reloaded your original project without any modifications, and the grid still wasn't showing. I downloaded your beta track, and the grid is there. It's visible in BTB, but not in rFactor.

This is going to be a tough fix. There seems to be 4 seperate layers of the main race track all on top of each other. I'm just trying to work out which layer the grid is attached to atm, but will have another look tonight.
;)

I notice a few things: You put multiple layers of walls, terrain or a combination of both on top of each other. This can hurt the track when drive in the dark. When two layers are on top of each other and have receive light checked, they will cast a double amount of light.

The sinking problem, was caused because you forgot to click on the GROUNDED tick box.
This caused the wall /tarmac to be floating way above the track. I've grounded the pitlane.

I experienced other problems which I couldn't work out why it was happening. The grid wall/tarmac section was invisible in rFactor, so I deleted it and just added the grid to the surface of the track directly. When testing in rFactor, the NL grid texture was appearing on all tarmac surfaces. I've never seen it do that before. So I had to remove the NL tarmac (kept grid) and use the default tarmac which fixed the problem.

I had to roughly adjust the allignment of the AIW aswell, as it didn't line up after the changes.

Still uploading
;)

I've been doing some more testing and investigation, I have no idea what the AI are crashing into on the right handside of the start finish straight, and the straight section just after the chicane at turn 1. I deleted the all the ai and re appended the track, but the mysterious invisible objects are still there. Hopefully someone else will spot something I missed.
:(

Looking at the pitlane, I've noticed the car is still sinking. There are a lot of layers on top of the terrain, and i cant lower them enough because the terrain is uneven and will show through.
The only thing I can think of, is to delete the pitlane terrain and the pitlane, and re do it with a proper road section.
:(

i got bad news the hard drive containing the project for the circuit of wales has died on me and have a new hard drive and i am able to get BTB back on but it does mean i have to restart the project all over again, but this time i need a couple of helping hands with the Elevation and Terrain only, i can do the rest

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%