Upcoming events in the Historic Racing Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All,
Just a little note on what's on the horizon in the Historic Club:
  1. rFactor - Caterham Enduro event - On Friday 1st July, I'll be running a 75 minute race in the Caterhams. The Class and Venue are still to be decided/finalised, and people who have supported the Friday Club Racing events will be given priority if the sign ups go over the 21 vehicle mod limit. Update - the Class is the RS140, the venue is Zandvoort79.
  2. rFactor - The Friday events are becoming nice and consistently attended, we are past the exploratory stage, so now I have to ponder the best format to use for them. I will probably revert back to the "monthly block" of events per mod, with the Caterhams probably appearing more regularly than some of the others as they seem to be the most popular.
  3. GTLegends - Road Racing Series - After RDHGP S7 ends, I'll be running a less formal (but still point scoring) single make series in August/September, 5 events in total, similar to the Boss series that Carlos ran earlier in the year. It'll be on long Historic road courses, some we've used before, some new to the Club, and will utilise the superb Ferrari 250GTO mod from Butch & team. Events will be single races over a 150km distance.
  4. GTLegends - RDHGPS8 will start in October, with sign ups opening at the start of September. The vehicle set has been finalised - 5 vehicles split 3 defaults & 2 mods, 50% of the venues are locked in, and I'm just waiting on some confirmation feedback from the skunkworks on which of the other suggested tracks work best. Update - 100% of League venues now locked.

*Wants to press the LIKE button, where is it when you really need it??*

Thanks for keeping us well informed, as usual!! :thumb:
Although fridays still are a problem for me, it's good to see Friday Events taking off well. And notes 3. (and 4. if I feel up to it :)) sound very promising as well.

Not yet, no -it's too soon for that.

I'll release all details once this season is over, which will give at least most of August, all of September and a bit of October for testing/skinning.

These are also some of the more familiar cars (to club drivers) in the game as well.

Update

1. rFactor - The mod that will be appearing for a 4 week August stint in the Friday Club events after the Spirit of 76ers are done will be the Legends Cars.

URL]

The events will be 2 x 20 minute races round some short courses (the nature of the Legends is that they don't do so well on longer courses where ultimate top speed is the issue, their gearing doesn't really give them an extended top end).

All - Friday's Legends Cars event is my last for 2 weeks as I'm off on my holibobs.

I will be loading up the event calendar for events on "my" days during the period I'm away, so Hutcho doesn't get swamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back