Upcoming content?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Just come across this image...
Nissan R3E.png

Note the Nissan GT-R GT1... new car for the GT1 class perhaps?

I read somewhere (cant remember now) that Sector 3 had intentions to re shuffle the classes in the near future... could this be sneak peek at a new addition for our driving pleasure?

Feel free to post below other rumors / known upcoming or just general wish list excitement!

Last edited:
Personally I'm not so sure about open wheeler s. Don't get me wrong, would love to see what S3 could do with one (Anthony's sounds in particular), but for me S3/SimBin have always excelled at tin top Touring Cars and GTs, which is where my passion is really.
Still as a rule, if they release it then I will buy it :D

And also the F5000 back in Race07 days (plus the Formula Master which I enjoyed).

Thing is for me, I'm a sucker for tin tops, stuff like rFactor 2 I can get my single seat thrills from, I'd prefer S3 to get their thinking caps on and find a way to do Super Touring Cars from the 90's.... now that would be perfect :D!

They sure do.. on that topic, TCR International Series would be a good shout too. If they did that, they would already have the car model to do the new Seat Leon SuperCup series (plus the proposed Audi TT Cup car is very similar to the one Englstler Motorsport ran in the first half of the series)...

Would love to see some single make series (real one's, not fantasy) in the game, it would make for epic online races...

There's a thread that I try to keep up to date over at the official forum. Here's what we have confirmed so far:

Features:
- Multi-class Racing
- Bigger Grids
- New Driver Model/animation
- Driver Ranking System

Cars:
- Audi R18 (WEC)
- Audi TT Cup (Single Make Cup)
- Chevrolet Corvette C7R (TUSC)
- Ford Falcon (V8 Supercars)
- Nissan 300ZX (IMSA GT)
- Nissan GT-R GT1 (FIA GT)
- Nissan R90CK (WSC)
- Volvo S60 (V8 Supercars)
- Unknown Single Seater (Fantasy)

Tracks:
- Nurburgring Nordschleife
- Silverstone
- Spa

Packs/Experiences:
- ADAC GT Masters 2015
- DTM 2015
- WTCC 2015

This is by no means conclusive and we know that other tracks have recently been signed off from a licensing POV, we just don't know what (probably WTCC circuits). There are also several indications that a few packs for existing classes are being worked on, which would tie in with comments made in the past, which are likely to include additional liveries and new and reworked cars for the GTR1, GTR3 and Prototypes classes. JF also suggested that they were considering splitting the GTRX class cars into other packs that would suit them better, which I certainly hope happens.

Anyway, the full thread is here if you're interested:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/known-upcoming-content-features.112/

Cheers fella, interesting stuff to read... delighted about the updates to WTCC, DTM and ADAC GT. Really enjoy the fact S3 release official licences for real world series, the WTCC expansions are actually better that the WTCC is in real life!:D

I've posted on that thread in the past, and i think its worth saying again, Donington Park would be such a good fit for the R3E content currently available... I NEED that track built to the standard these guys build tracks. Perfect for Touring Cars and GT3's.... and they did it for GTR2 so its not entirely unreasonable to assume they have an appetite to do an updated one.. we can only hope anyway! :)

Looking forward to the TT cup too, those are my kind of cars.

What i would REALLY like to see, probably more than anything else, is a V8 SuperCar Experience with the associated Aussie tracks... now that would get me withdrawing serious amounts of money and quite literally throwing it at my PC.. Someone, somewhere (apart from Mods / GSCE 'generic' car) need to officially recreate this series. If R3E get that licence, release an experience with track then sales would blow the roof off! Looks like its a pipe dream at the moment, will have to keep waiting for the Oz mod team GSCE version i donated towards.. that's looking nice but it aint R3E ;)

Cheers matey,

Paul

Just come across this image...
index.php

Note the Nissan GT-R GT1... new car for the GT1 class perhaps?

I read somewhere (cant remember now) that Sector 3 had intentions to re shuffle the classes in the near future... could this be sneak peek at a new addition for our driving pleasure?

Feel free to post below other rumors / known upcoming or just general wish list excitement!
How can you tell that this is a GT1? It looks very much like the existing GT3 Nismo in ADAC 2013;
http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/adac-gt-masters-2013/nissan/nissan-gt-r-gt3
But it doesn't have the ADAC numberplate so I reckon it's a different car already, just not sure how you identify it as a GT1?

Also, keep in mind that if you hotlink images from the Sector 3 forums it will not be visible to people here that are not logged in to the Sector 3 forums, better just download the image and attach it to the post here so everyone can see (unless it's something they specifically don't want you to post outside their boards ofc).

Hello! Didn't know out the hotlink thing, I'll re attach i a moment. I was thinking its GT1 after comparing it to this:
Nissan_GT-R_GT1_JR_Motorsports_Silverstone_2011.jpg

Note the exhaust openings and how they differ from the ADAC car. Plus on quick glance it seems to be the same colour scheme?
Here's hoping anyway!

Last edited:
How can you tell that this is a GT1? It looks very much like the existing GT3 Nismo in ADAC 2013;
http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/adac-gt-masters-2013/nissan/nissan-gt-r-gt3
But it doesn't have the ADAC numberplate so I reckon it's a different car already, just not sure how you identify it as a GT1?

You have to take my word for it ;)

It is the 2010-2011 GT1 model, that was created for the now defunct GT1 ruleset. Actually, it was the only car created for it, and even then it didn't have its original engine. The rear wing is the most obvious visual clue:

Nissan-GT-R-FIA-GT1-World-Championship-2010-widescreen-15.jpg

The one Paul linked to above is the 2012 version, with a newer rear wing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%