upcoming changes to game?

New player to RRRE. I bought ADAC 2014 last week because I could not resist the Audi R8 LMS. So far the game is fantastic. Nice FFB, good visuals, decent AI. I do have some questions about upcoming features. Does anyone know if these are already in the game or if they are being thought about for future inclusion? I searched these forums but did not find or missed replies.

1. Is there an option to turn on the pedal overlay (like in rF2 app or AC app) to see how much brake,throttle, and clutch pedal being pressed while driving?

2. Is it possible to completely turn off all crowd animation (people in stands doing the flag-waving, camera flashes, etc)?
SOLVED - Turn Track Detail to Low

3. I have no issue with motion sickness in any other simracing, flightsim, or FPS games. However, I find the driver view head motion is a bit too much for me and causes slight motion sickness. I found the cam movement increase/decrease option in game; it reduces the "cockpit shake" a lot(!), but only reduces driver view head shaking a very slight amount. Is there anything in the works to allow one to further reduce the head movement while driving?

4. Is there an option to change the viewing pitch? Ability to change player viewing pitch when in the driver seat like in AC or iRacing (I believe someone said the iracing is not really a "pitch" setting since it is not 3D? but it does allow one to move the horizon up and down)
http://simhqmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AC-InGameApps.jpg

thanks!

Last edited:
animations , turn of the animations , to kill the waving flags you have to go to low track details (as for some reason there not classed as animations )

as for drivers view point , usingthe seat controls will raise and lower the view point , but if your talking about the angle of the downward view , thats not as easy

Andi

Where did you find this? I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it.
e24dd9529bdc38c993caa267c432d7c4.png

Does this work with all cars or just the WTCC 13/DTM 13? I'm not thrilled with the cockpit view in R3E on triple screens, I've tinkered a lot but have never come up with anything I really like so I have just settled on a compromise.
Yep it works with every car. The rotation on the Z axis tho follows another formula so you have to work with this one:
Untitled-2.jpg

I have no idea what that means....................my brain hurts now. :cry: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

My biggest issue is that when I get the seat in the position that feels correct for a proper POV/FOV then I can't even see out of the window (with my seat position I shouldn't be able to see the whole window, but at least part of it, and the mirror). It seems the side monitors skew things at a pretty severe angle, if I go with a wider FOV setting (1.02 or 1.03) it helps a little but then I can't get my seat close enough to have a correct (to my preference) POV. In AC I can get my close seat position and still see both side mirrors and a bit out of the passenger side window, I'd like to replicate that in R3E. Sometimes I can't even see the driver side mirror in R3E, depending on the car, and if I can see it then it's mahoooooooosive. :cautious:

Yeah, but if I put the seat back that far then things feel funny and I have a hard time "feeling" the car around me. I don't scoot it all the way up, I usually have my FOV on 1.0 or 1.1 and the seat scooted about half way forward. When I use my "look right" button I can see where my seat is in relation to the door/b pillar and I'd guess the back of my seat is just in front of the b pillar. So that feels about right, but the side screens really skew things to where I can't see the rest of the car correctly and cars in the side monitors look..........weird.

I have no idea what that means....................my brain hurts now. :cry: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

My biggest issue is that when I get the seat in the position that feels correct for a proper POV/FOV then I can't even see out of the window (with my seat position I shouldn't be able to see the whole window, but at least part of it, and the mirror). It seems the side monitors skew things at a pretty severe angle, if I go with a wider FOV setting (1.02 or 1.03) it helps a little but then I can't get my seat close enough to have a correct (to my preference) POV. In AC I can get my close seat position and still see both side mirrors and a bit out of the passenger side window, I'd like to replicate that in R3E. Sometimes I can't even see the driver side mirror in R3E, depending on the car, and if I can see it then it's mahoooooooosive. :cautious:
I wish I could help you with that but I don't have a triple monitor setup so I can't help with the right angle and FOV. :-(

i have no idea but shouldnt you be using a fov of less than 1 with triples (has no idea really but my brain says its that way )?

Andi

I have no idea, none of my other games work with FOV numbered like that so I don't know what is "correct". I just know if I go too low on the FOV setting the car starts to handle quite bizarre.

I go lower fov then seat back far so I can see left side mirror and or rear view

But I got track ir so I will have to mess with it again

I'll give that a shot and see if I like it better. :thumbsup:

Merci beaucoup for the help!

Hi,
@2 You could try to lower or disable the track details and animations in the graphic settings. Maybe the animations is enough in your case.

animations , turn of the animations , to kill the waving flags you have to go to low track details (as for some reason there not classed as animations )

as for drivers view point , usingthe seat controls will raise and lower the view point , but if your talking about the angle of the downward view , thats not as easy

Andi
I edited my initial post. I meant to say how can I turn off the crowds who are waving flags and using camera flashes from the grandstands and fields? I do not mind the racing marshalls and any of their activity in the game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%