Upcoming Cars

Jay Ekkel posted this image up in a recap of the current licensed cars. It shows hints of what cars and car types to expect in the future...

collage-670x583.jpg

I can see:
- The Suzuka ferris wheel
- The headlight of a Cadillac CTS
- An Australian-looking open track
- The headlight of a Corvette (Possibly the Daytona Prototype version?)

What can you see, and what car types do you think are represented here?

Hey Rhys.

I know the top right one is the Camaro GT3!!

These cars were listed elsewhere at RD (not by me)

Ascari A10 KZ
Ascari KZ1 GT3
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Cadillac CTS-V
Corvette Daytona Prototypes Grand-Am
Ginetta GT3
Greenwood Corvette
Koenigsegg Agera-R
Radical
Zakspeed Ford Capri Group 5 Race Resort Ascari

Ascari GT3 is 2nd from bottom left.

Vantage GT3 top centre,

Ginetta orange car bellow Vantage,

Zakspeed Capri top left

Will it be moddable or are we just tied to cars and tracks released by SIMBIN? Is it possible that some of the really good modders could see their cars and tracks in game and actually be rewarded for their work? Now that would be a revolution - test mods for a week in game then get the option to buy, knowing that the mod has been vetted by SIMBIN - so no bad downloads, or virus risk and something given back to the modding community + extra revenue for SIMBIN - liking the sound of my idea the more I think about it.

Will it be moddable or are we just tied to cars and tracks released by SIMBIN? Is it possible that some of the really good modders could see their cars and tracks in game and actually be rewarded for their work? Now that would be a revolution - test mods for a week in game then get the option to buy, knowing that the mod has been vetted by SIMBIN - so no bad downloads, or virus risk and something given back to the modding community + extra revenue for SIMBIN - liking the sound of my idea the more I think about it.
That's not posible because off licencing, maybe fictional cars and tracks.

That's not posible because off licencing, maybe fictional cars and tracks.

I get the licencing issues, fictional or as I have seen in some games - the layout might be Silverstone for example, but the tracks called something else might work - I thought the requirement was not to call it what its called in real life and to ensure the Modder has created it entirely his/herself from scratch. If the layout and not just the track name/brand is covered by licencing too then even so there are many great fantasy tracks out there.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%