1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unusual high pings from RD servers

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Nigel Atkins, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    i usually see pings around 50/60 in the lobby, but now 3 servers have 100 and 2 have 267.
    on Wednesday`s cold lap comp cars were lagging with just 1 car on track, seems to have been getting worse over the last week.

anyone else noticed this?

2. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    not seen the pings tonight but we were getting crappo connections on cold laps... with just 13 of us on the entire server.... :(

3. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    guys.. come on... you should try to live in the US or anywhere else in the World. All RD servers have pings in 200+, but I still NEVER had any lag!! any pings under the 300 seems to be just fine.

4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,172
    I noticed some higher pings then normal too, today.. Ill ask if the wizard can take a look at it and do a magic spell to cure it :)

5. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    That's still no excuse for the pings going up - anyone with pings over 150 lag for me which can cause incidents when they shouldn't have happened. With the members from the USA or Australia having high pings, its just a minoritory whereas if everyone had high pings racing would become impossible.

The lag we had in the cold lap competition was not normal - 2-5 second lag bursts with the cars not colliding with walls properly. If this had happened in a race it would have caused some serious issues.

6. Mark Guy

Mark Guy

Ratings:
    +29
    I also have ping between 150 -- 250 and almost never have lag. When I do get lag I just drive more carefully when in a fight or a bunch.
    :)

7. Piotr Misiorek

Piotr Misiorek

Ratings:
    +0
    pings are higher generally because of last update

before update my server bandwidth with 23 players was around 450KB/s with pings ~100
    after update 720KB/s with pings ~200

game is using now more bandwidth causing more stuttering and higher pings

rfactor server with the same amount of players is using 230KB/s

8. David Buxton

David Buxton

Ratings:
    +230
    I noticed the stuttering during the cold lap event but not when I was on the track.

However on Fridays Mini event I notice it during practice and qualifying but not during the race.

Strange