UNREAL ENGINE DLSS RAY TRACING

Please no Unreal Enige anymore, it's the worst engine in sim racing. Simply because of the incompatibility of VR. ACC is a great game but this despite the engine, it would have been WAY better with an other engine or an engine that was build up on the original AC engine, simply because of the rendering system. Ray Tracing is not mandatory too and especially DLSS not, we all saw in ACC that it only caused trouble for VR users and it brought nothing to VR. VR is the future of Sim racing so let's hope that they will chose an perfect VR engine.

Despite Kunos's issues with optimizing RTX for ACC and in turn dropping it, I think AC2 would have some graphics enhancements with ray tracing since the next-gen consoles have ray tracing hardware (i.e. could be wasteful if it isn't utilized). Of course it would be nothing mandatory since RT effects kill framerate, so I could see it most likely restricted to replays/photo mode or as an optional video setting. I don't mind whether KS uses UE4 again, UE5, or updates the AC1 engine, but I would be surprised if there aren't any RT features at all in AC2.

Performance is becoming more and more important as screens get much higher-res. AC is also one of the few games that runs really, really well in VR.

I want performance, not unnecessary eye-candy. The performance in AC, even in VR, with SOL and CSP and Rain and Wet and Night and headlight and a lot of cars, and (I could keep going) is PHENOMONAL and simultaneously looks fantastic. I'm driving AC at over 5000x3000 pixels PER EYE to a Pimax 8k-x, and it's beautiful enough that people driving in my rig will pull over just to look at things. I had one person climb out and say it was 'the most intense experience of his life.' Modded AC is *just that damn good.*

The absolute last thing I would want is 1% more eye-candy and 50% the performance. That would be a nightmare scenario and a huge mistake on the part of Kunos.

Last edited:
Performance is becoming more and more important as screens get much higher-res. AC is also one of the few games that runs really, really well in VR.

I want performance, not unnecessary eye-candy. The performance in AC, even in VR, with SOL and CSP and Rain and Wet and Night and headlight and a lot of cars, and (I could keep going) is PHENOMONAL and simultaneously looks fantastic. I'm driving AC at over 5000x3000 pixels PER EYE to a Pimax 8k-x, and it's beautiful enough that people driving in my rig will pull over just to look at things. I had one person climb out and say it was 'the most intense experience of his life.' Modded AC is *just that damn good.*

The absolute last thing I would want is 1% more eye-candy and 50% the performance. That would be a nightmare scenario and a huge mistake on the part of Kunos.
Kunos could try what other developers are doing and have separate modes for quality and performance. Say that Performance mode is similar to what we have in modded AC, and Quality would be all the fancy ray tracing eye candy. That way both types of players can benefit from what AC2 would have to offer :thumbsup:

Guys, with CSP latest version (Patreon) and SOL Pure 0.75 the current graphics engine is already able to compete, and win the competition, with any graphics engine currently in circulation (Unreal, Madness, etc.) in VR and beyond.
I would advise Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulations to seriously consider the collaboration with X4Fab and Peter Boose, provide them with the sources of the original AC motor and the result will certainly be excellent.

Proper ray tracing should be added as an optional video mode and disabled by default. However if the result is like Minecraft rtx Vs shaders, I prefer living without ray tracing.

Dlss combined with the new dldsr is pretty awesome on flat screen!
Better anti aliasing than the TAA options, way better than FSR and makes the game finally enjoyable for me since stuff like the white lines, fences and cables aren't flickering like crazy anymore.

I tested this at spa between les combes and bruxelles with the cables outside the track.
With TAA, they flicker a lot. With FSR, they have holes! Wtf...
With taa and 200% resolution scale, they look okay but I'm having 40 fps instead of 80 fps.

With taa + dldsr (1.4x or whatever the little step is), it looks okay, performance is borderline. Still flickering a little.

But with 1.4x dldsr + dlss "quality", the cables are smooth, not really flickering anymore and I have solid 80 fps with some headroom!

(80 fps is what my 10600k can achieve steadily in races with 15 cars)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back