Unlock the SuperV8 Differential

As the .hdv is un-editable, is there a way to use the upgrades file to unlock the differential for the SuperV8s?

I cannot handle/have patience to deal with the chronic understeer compared to other series, I just don't enjoy racing them, which kills me as I love watching them!

Cheers

I have no idea, BUT I feel your pain, they are understeering whores. Just play with the throttle gentle to kick out it's backside into a gentle slide, that usually helps me. Or lower front anti rollbar and increase rear anti rollbar, again lowering any bump and rebound on the front (and tyre pressures as well) increasing rear bump and rebound (tyre pressures too).

Another oddity with them is the lack of ability to adjust the rear ride height (which is possible and happens during races in real life). I'm wondering if it is more an issue with the AI strength (which can't be adjusted due to locked .aiw) at Adelaide rather than setup. I'm about 2 seconds off the pace compared to the AI. I match them at most other tracks.

Another oddity with them is the lack of ability to adjust the rear ride height (which is possible and happens during races in real life). I'm wondering if it is more an issue with the AI strength (which can't be adjusted due to locked .aiw) at Adelaide rather than setup. I'm about 2 seconds off the pace compared to the AI. I match them at most other tracks.

Hi, at which settings are you racing the AI ? What are your laptimes on the Adelaide track ?

Nice, I just saw, you live in Bournemouth. I live in Southampton. Small world!! Yeah thats a pain in the arse that circuit, other than those settings im all out of answers, but im woeful with them as well, so your not alone mate!

Hi, at which settings are you racing the AI ? What are your laptimes on the Adelaide track ?

Been out of sim racing for a while so getting back into it, so by no means very fast, but generally run AI on 96% as love to race from the back, but my laps times are about 2 seconds off the AI, usually can push for about a 1.23, but as I struggle with the front so much, particularly at the hairpin, it can drop to 1.25. First half of the lap is fine, its from turn 8 I lose all my time! The final corner I just can't get right or slowing up so much the AI dispose of me to the grass.

This really annoys me, not that I know how ride height affects car handling, but they do it IRL and you can see that the cars handles much better after the driver complains and they make ride height changes during a race.

This really annoys me, not that I know how ride height affects car handling, but they do it IRL and you can see that the cars handles much better after the driver complains and they make ride height changes during a race.

Basically the higher the rear (comparative to the front) the more turn in you get, generally reducing any understeer problems, but does make it more unstable in faster corners.

I have tried to register on the ReizaStudios forum to ask about making ride height adjustable for the V8s, but it hasn't worked yet, so could someone who is registered please ask?

Basically the higher the rear (comparative to the front) the more turn in you get, generally reducing any understeer problems, but does make it more unstable in faster corners.

I have tried to register on the ReizaStudios forum to ask about making ride height adjustable for the V8s, but it hasn't worked yet, so could someone who is registered please ask?

I doubt that would. the community would probably mock you.

Well first, they do run a " Spool " diff... locked. A rigid axle for real.
In the following clip, at 40 seconds, you will see with your own eyes, there is no diff.

In your setup, make sure the car can roll.

But since the GEN, HDV and TBC files are encrypted in the ams.exe... for the ride height, your shietz out of luck.

I cannot handle/have patience to deal with the chronic understeer compared to other series, I just don't enjoy racing them, which kills me as I love watching them!
I have had a play around with the set up...you could try this and see if it works. On my PC the Super V8 has more 'Oversteer' now with the settings attached using my TS XW wheel
AUTOMOBILISTA SUPER V8 settings 1 b.jpg
AUTOMOBILISTA SUPER V8 settings 1a.jpg

Last edited:
Someone has very kindly put together a upgrades file for me, that unlocks the diff and makes other variables editable. It makes such a difference (the ride height alone) which does make me wonder why Reiza have locked that down. Was it just an oversight, or is there more to it than that?

The way you can change the setup on the Super V8 is the same way you have on the real life Supercars.
The differential is locked, no adjustments on that. Fixed gear ratios, you cant change it gear by gear. You can select only 2 or 3 options, with fixed values.
It is the way real life works, it is what Reiza aimed for.
At least as far I can understand.

And I hope it doesnt change that. To me is much more of a challenge adapt to a car, and everybody will have to do the same...then do setup changes that arent even allowed in real life.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%