Unlicensed cars

Curious what the reason is that Sector 3 doesn't just make imitation cars to complete the grid for some of the classes. I see that lots of games do it, just curious what the reasoning is? Keeping up good relations with potential licensees?

They talked about this in the last Q&A : They try to have Porsche and Lambo .. but can't promise anything. They just said: "never say never.. who know?"

I think S3 is more likely to get a right to use the licence from EA as they only make race cars. It's not a direct competitor of EA products. But with EA, you'll never know...

Maybe should they come with fake names as you say.. with the ability for the player to rename it (via config files edit :p ), like in some old "non FIFA games" ;)

I used to spend days changing all the NCAA Football rosters on Xbox to their authentic counterparts, and in Assetto Corsa, my URD are cars correctly named and badged.

Regarding EA, even though they haven't released a NFS or Shift title recently, and have never done much with the licenses, don't seem willing to sub-license very often.

Moreover, EA's PC sim racing presence is non-existent, and without a Shift sequel on the horizon, I'm not sure why they'd be loathe to sub-license. As much as it irritates (or did when I played Forza), I can understand their reticence to deal with console developers, but extending that stance to Kunos and Sector 3 et al. on PC doesn't make the same sense.

That said, I think Porsche is really losing out (with Ruf a huge beneficiary) with the EA exclusive, and will hopefully forego renewal, whenever that is. I can't imagine they signed an "in perpetuity" type agreement, and even if they did, I'm sure they've written in opt out clauses.

Goddamn EA!

The thing is that Ruf are highly modified Porsche... I can't see a Ruf as a Porsche anymore as it's really very different cars.

And Ruf doesn't make Racing car like Porsche (911 RSR, 911 Cup or superCup, etc)

I much rather see Rufs on the starting grid than Prosha or Bursche!

mainly interesting to fill up the classes like adac gt masters. unfortunately, they only have porsche and no RUF in the grid.

curious, no AstonMartin Vantage in AdacGTMasters 2013 aswell?!

Mainly you could blame Porsche for granting exclusive license to someone (seriously, cars to play on video games only for 1 publisher?). IMO if EA wouldn't take it, some other would do.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%