Unknown tracks

I see lots of servers running unknown tracks. Now obviously I'd like to join in in these popular unknowns but how do I find out what they are? Which addon tracks are popular online? I've installed the UK tracks like Snetterton, Silverstone etc (plus Spa) but they seem not to be the ones. Any suggestions? What's hot at the moment?

• Andrew Evans

it's entirely random, i'd say... but yer best bet is to probably download the newer releases cause they're more likely to be the current flavour of the month... :thumb:

I see lots of servers running unknown tracks. Now obviously I'd like to join in in these popular unknowns but how do I find out what they are? Which addon tracks are popular online? I've installed the UK tracks like Snetterton, Silverstone etc (plus Spa) but they seem not to be the ones. Any suggestions? What's hot at the moment?

If you happen to see the RaceDepartment servers online with "Unknown" tracks you can find out what tracks they are here. http://forum.racedepartment.com/club-gtr-evolution/

If you are interested in joining the club to avoid the public server wreckers. All info can be found here http://forum.racedepartment.com/applications/6717-how-sign-up-racing-club.html

Hope that helps, and we look forward to you hitting the track with us. Any other questions you can PM me anytime.

Keith

• Richard Birchall

I've seen them also. Would like to know what custom/add on tracks are mostly used.
even be fun to try the Top Gear track online :) be interesting.
Who's had a go on the Le-mans track? whats your opinion?

• Matt Alpeter

i flew that Le Mans track in a radical..great fun!!

there are tens of tens of addon tracks and no way to know what the server is running (unless it is an RD server)..just start downloading, you'll run them all eventually.

The lobby of Race07/GTR-E/STCC is one place that Simbin can make a plan to improve. There could be more info. I dont recall the same problems with RF reffering to unknown tracks or mods. In RF you can see exactly how many laps etc is left in a race and so on. It would be nice if unknown was changed to the name of the mod or track.

admittedly that would be nice but i think theres more important things gui-wise i'd like to see first. like drop down boxes instead of one step side scroll selection boxes. (think setups screen) do think changes will come to it at some point but developement time is precious and theres other things more inmportant than both our suggestions :)

• Richard Birchall

Yes true Would be Nice to know the Track name/Mod so you can Download the correct 1. I Like the Street tracks, e.g Macau, The in Section With the Bumps is Really Challenging for a good setup :) Just the Tight 1st gear Hairpin is annoying if your Racing AI but Great for Overtaking tho :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%