Uninstalling AC then reinstalling...

tjc

Premium
Hi guys...

Ok, long story as short as possible.

I`ve been away from AC and sim racing in general for quite some time. Getting back into it now.

Having been playing AC for a few days I realise I don`t really have a clue what files as well as other stuff like possible sounds/apps/misc I have installed in there so basically I`m wondering if it`s possible to just uninstall AC through Steam and then reinstall and start from scratch with a clean AC install this time taking note(s) of everything I install...

I know games can be uninstalled/reinstalled through Steam but I`m wondering about all the packs I`ve purchased... will they still "be there" to reinstall without having to buy them again? I think they will be but just want to check.

This might sound like a drastic measure to some but it`s the way I`d like to do it. Then I`ll know it`s a clean install and I can basically just start again.

I`d appreciate some info/tips/thoughts on this.

Cheers. :)

• Deleted member 379375

If by 'packs' you mean dlc then yeah I'm confident they will be available for reinstall just as all your games are is you install steam on a new machine. Other mods will depend on the supplier but if you have email receipts as proof of purchase then I would have thought that obtaining the mods again if you no longer have the original downloaded files shouldn't be an issue.( Assuming the supplier still exists)

Reactions: tjc
  • Deleted member 503495

You can use a method like JSGME or similar to install third-party content without overwriting files, keeping them all neatly in one folder that won't interfere with the permanent files. You may also delete folders where you know you installed content, open Steam, right-click on Assetto Corsa, and chose to Check Integrity.

Reactions: tjc
Thanks for the info GPL. Much appreciated. I`m just getting back to grips with all things AC. I`ve done the fresh install of AC and now also have a "clean" backup of it so don`t mind trying things out. Yes, I`ll be using JSGME from now on for sure as I like to have everything as neat as possible.

Cheers. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years