Unhandled Exception error on start up

Hi there,

I purchased the full pro edition of BTB today (with liscence). It was working fine until I closed, then re-opened it and I kept receiving this same error message.

I have checked out the FAQ and this forum but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
---
I'm running Windows 7, and have the latest BTB pro. As I mentioned, the program was running fine before.

You can revert to an earlier version of your venue file by opening your 'BobsTrackBuilder\Temporary Files' folder. Sort the files by date and find the most recent one. Rename it to Venue.bin and put it in your project folder. If you tend to work on several projects, you may want to try one of the other recent files instead.

And it also helps to make a backup occasionally:
http://simtrackipedia.wikidot.com/btb:backup

I agree with Raido, for me it looks like the newest versions of .NET and directX work the best. I think you can also try to download the newest versions of these for W7 too (I have XP SP3 still - .NET 3.0, directX 9.0 - forgot the letter, but newest).
I think XP does not recognise updates of newer versions of directX, unlike it does for other system components (e.g. security updates etc.). Maybe the same kind of "relax" has W7 ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%