understeering/drifting feeling ffb AMS2

First of all, I just wanna say I am having a great time with the beta already, I followed the set up from ams1 according to fanatec for my v2.5 with my v3 pedals and in game ffb: 50,0,50,0.

Anyway, with this set up every car have a very unique feel and for me far superior to what I used to get on pc2, much more road feeling curbs and chassi flex too. However, what for me it is still missing is the feeling through the wheel of losing grip going around corners, and situations when you are drifting over the limit around corners, you get the sound of the tires telling to slow down cos you are losing the car but I get zero force feedback or should I say, what I expect to get - that granulated/kicking feeling or similar. (that typical response we got used to from AC, RR etc)

Under braking and wheel spin from like getting back to the track or late for a corner (straight line), I get the feeling a bit through the wheel and through the pedals which is awesome! But here is my question regarding cornering/understeer/drifting?

Am I the only one getting that due to set up?
If not, could it be just an early beta missing some ffb?

If I can get the feeling with the sound in a possible next beta instalment while maintaining my set up, AMS2 will easily become my everyday go-to racesim. So far loving it and even better in VR! cant wait for the 31!

Like you my feeling : in rF2 or ACC, I have some smooth subtle effects which give me the feeling I'm the tire....in AMS 2 I feel like I'm a blockwall...heavy...without any other feeling. Too much suspension oscillation....they have updated the Stock car maybe, but the cars are all inequal....the Fiat Uno and Brazilian Content are not sexy like the pCars 2 content....

I want also a bit more feeling with understeering when I enter a corner to fast.
Or is it that I want to feel the tire more? Well, just therms.

I tested now a lot with FFB settings, and LOW FORCE BOOST does help me a bit with this understeer identify, but the overall great feeling i just get with low force boost at 0. So thats not really an option for me to use low force boost.

and to say that clear, I love how AMS2 present me „car feeling“. Its just beeing picky here. With a lot of practice you enter the corners of an known track with a known car with the right speed, but thats not because of what you feel through your wheel.
I obserse that on every for me unknown track I enter corners a bit to fast and experience understeer by hearing the tires, but I do not feel it that much.

fanatec DD1, fanatec settings for AMS1 with force set to 25.
AMS2 beta ingame: 100, 0, 30, 0

Last edited:
My feelings exactly brainner, I am having some amazing races and loving the cars but the point of the threshold of grip that really makes you aware of the tire limit is done all by ear and car experience, not feeling. In long corners, you get this kind of chassy/tire bumping feeling which helps but it is not what the sound at that very moment is addressing.

I really hope that people that have access to the beta forum from Reiza are noticing that and working with them to improve that. Since beta 3 updates I have gone pretty much like you ffb wise 80,0,30,0

I want also a bit more feeling with understeering when I enter a corner to fast.
Or is it that I want to feel the tire more? Well, just therms.

I tested now a lot with FFB settings, and LOW FORCE BOOST does help me a bit with this understeer identify, but the overall great feeling i just get with low force boost at 0. So thats not really an option for me to use low force boost.

and to say that clear, I love how AMS2 present me „car feeling“. Its just beeing picky here. With a lot of practice you enter the corners of an known track with a known car with the right speed, but thats not because of what you feel through your wheel.
I obserse that on every for me unknown track I enter corners a bit to fast and experience understeer by hearing the tires, but I do not feel it that much.

fanatec DD1, fanatec settings for AMS1 with force set to 25.
AMS2 beta ingame: 100, 0, 30, 0

Ya, its a bit sad that we do not have the option to post and discuss this at reiza beta forum, that would make much more sense as at this place here.

Well, good point is, I do NOT think that we are the only ones who experience this. So let’s hope reiza is working on it. And again, I trust in Reiza. :)

loving AMS2 so far.

Ya, its a bit sad that we do not have the option to post and discuss this at reiza beta forum, that would make much more sense as at this place here.
To be honest, the reason for this is probably to try and keep the main feedback base relatively small and manageable. Going through big discussions with tonnes of feedback is very time consuming and it can hard to sift the wheat from the chaff.

The fact that Reiza staff post here on RD shows that your feedback is likely being seen anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

There are certainly some in the Reiza forums who are expressing their desire to have improved sense of under-steer. I'm sure Reiza are aware of our appreciation of AMS1-ffb and will do all they can to refine and shape AMS2-ffb to a high level. Of course, it's going to require some time to accomplish.

For those interested, nirvana was achieved in a recent beta when the self-aligning torque (SAT) system from AMS was introduced to AMS 2. That was the last component missing. AMS 2 now has the same "feel" and "flavour" of AMS FFB, but with even higher resolution and subtleties. Several aspects of the "game" still need some work, but if it's the physics and FFB from AMS that you love, do not hesitate to grab AMS 2 on sale on the 31st.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%