Understeer enhanced effect?

I have an OSW with Simucube and I don't notice the traction loss on understeers. Activating the "understeer enhanced effect" is the solution. However, it's a bit to exagerated. Can it be adjusted? Why is this optional and not part of the default force feedback system? Do you use it?

Why is this optional and not part of the default force feedback system? Do you use it?
I am not using it, it feels unnatural to me, as not what my real wheel feels like when under-steering. So I am glad it is not "standard". I visually know if I am under-steering.
It all depend on what you expect from your FFB, and their is no right or wrong, just personal preferences, immersion vs driving aid.
I like to feel as much as a real steering wheel feel like and complement the feeling of the car with simshaker/buttkicker.
Driving in VR is also very helpful in knowing what the car is doing.

I have an OSW with Simucube and I don't notice the traction loss on understeers. Activating the "understeer enhanced effect" is the solution. However, it's a bit to exagerated. Can it be adjusted? Why is this optional and not part of the default force feedback system? Do you use it?
Can you upload Screenshots or something with your full settings?
Ingame, simucube, per car multiplier. And if you use ffb clip and if yes, how. And whether or not you're using a lut or gamma setting.

Understeer is not a massively feelable thing. It's more visual and instinctive. The ffb strength will slightly decrease and the "clearness of direction" of the wheel will become a bit mushy.
It's not like oversteer where the rear comes around and the fronts want to stay in line, which results in a strong ffb from the wheel.

The enhanced effect is nice to learn what understeer is and when it's happening. You shouldn't turn further than the drop off from this effect but at the same time scratch it a little.

But the effect really is an effect and nothing you would feel in a real car at all.

What you might feel in a real car is the front suspension starting to scrub and stutter due to bending and not enough camber.
But no drop in forces like the effect gives you.

With an osw you should be able to feel understeer though. Going from my g27 to the csw 2.5 opened my eyes regarding understeer.
So maybe there's something not optimal with your settings :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%