Unbelievably intense battle for the lead online. Big respect for the guy I was racing.

FULL VIDEO

HIGHLIGHTS

After a great start put me in 3rd place, I found myself in 2nd by the end of lap one when the chap in 2nd dropped it in Becketts. So began the chase.

I caught 1st place pretty quickly and spent the rest of the race dicing with him on the ragged edge. Credit to him though - I couldn't find a way through. I tried the inside, I tried the outside, I tried cutting underneath, I tried the dummy, I tried the surprise. Nothing worked.

I think I was just quicker in the places where it didn't really count. He seemed to be able to accelerate out the corners a little better than me whilst I was quicker in the high speed corners where it's difficult to overtake.

FULL VIDEO

HIGHLIGHTS

After a great start put me in 3rd place, I found myself in 2nd by the end of lap one when the chap in 2nd dropped it in Becketts. So began the chase.

I caught 1st place pretty quickly and spent the rest of the race dicing with him on the ragged edge. Credit to him though - I couldn't find a way through. I tried the inside, I tried the outside, I tried cutting underneath, I tried the dummy, I tried the surprise. Nothing worked.

I think I was just quicker in the places where it didn't really count. He seemed to be able to accelerate out the corners a little better than me whilst I was quicker in the high speed corners where it's difficult to overtake.
What an exciting race, shame about the spin off at the end.
How nice to see great sportsmanship on your part.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%