F1 2010 Unbelievable

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I look at all the set ups here but use my own with variations from this site. My settings can be faster than the ones here but when i go on time trail i just can not believe the time of the cars. I tried to follow the ghost car of the top time but after the first corner on any track i was between 1-1.5 seconds behind to me this is unbelievable. Ive mentioned this to my mates who are also good drivers and they have said the same. By the way im talking about the xbox360 times. If these times are correct i would like to see their set ups posted and many others would as well

That can't work though since the game is bugged and sometimes does not register the 3rd sector of a lap, and then logs the laptime as just the sum of the 1st and 2nd sectors.

You can't bann people for what may be due to a bug in the game.

I know that Bahrain - and there are some others also - where the top leaderboard times are not valid because the system did not include their Sector 3 time. I know this to be the case for Bahrain in particular.

One thing though. How then does it follow that Sakhir which is listed as 38.222 secs on the Time Trial Leaderboard, are you suggesting then that it is only posting ONE sector time and using that as a final result because if that is the case.. then what happened to the two other sectors for that circuit then?
If that's the case then it's doing it at random and not adding all the sectors as it can't just not be adding the last sector, as you suggested, as is clearly the case with the Sakhir time that is posted on the Time Trial Leaderboard. That time clearly has to be ONE sector.. if it is "dropping" the last sector as you suggest the clearly there is still a cheat in use, unless it is "dropping" TWO sectors in this case.
Either way I'm not racing in Time Trial mode against people.. I only use it to improve my own times and try out car setups. As no doubt others do too.

One thing though. How then does it follow that Sakhir which is listed as 38.222 secs on the Time Trial Leaderboard, are you suggesting then that it is only posting ONE sector time and using that as a final result because if that is the case.. then what happened to the two other sectors for that circuit then?
If that's the case then it's doing it at random and not adding all the sectors as it can't just not be adding the last sector, as you suggested, as is clearly the case with the Sakhir time that is posted on the Time Trial Leaderboard. That time clearly has to be ONE sector.. if it is "dropping" the last sector as you suggest the clearly there is still a cheat in use, unless it is "dropping" TWO sectors in this case.
Either way I'm not racing in Time Trial mode against people.. I only use it to improve my own times and try out car setups. As no doubt others do too.

For starters, to which leaderboard time trials are you referring? There are separate boards for each of the three platforms. I am speaking only of the XBOX 360, and grant it, the last time I recorded the number one time ran, it was October 6th, 2010 with a time of 1:32.769, whilst the number two best time was 1:46.236. I happened to record both times only because I noted on paper that the gap between 1st and 2nd was such a large amount of time, and was a time which appeared to me to be unachievable.

This time of 1:32.769 would appear to be only the first two sectors. I also stated that it was the time of sectors one & two because I have seen several people post on other forums that after they completed time trial, they jumped to the top of the list and they even commented that it was impossible because the time they recorded for the full lap was no where close to the time shown; they stated the time awarded on the leaderboard was in fact their sector one and sector two time.

In regards to the improvement and testing of new setups, I'd have to say I agree completely. That is the general purpose I use it for myself, but it would be nice if Codemasters would clean up the times they know cannot possibly be legitimate. I do not agree, however, with liberal use of the ban-stick, in-so-much as this matter in particular is concerned at least. These time trial leaderboard errors, for what I have seen personally, are non-intentional and are errors stemming from the production side, not the end-user.

As a side-note, you may omit the bold faced blue font, as writing composition has this neat thing called italics. Use italics for book titles, for foreign words, and for emphasis. I'll even throw in a reference to the fact, being sure not to go with an American university, escaping any quips you may have. I'll assume the University of Oxford will do for now. Digressing, I apologize for being so brusque, I have just awoken and the stimulants have yet to kick into gear.)

I am sure that Bram is a great driver, but please, be realistic too, you can't just answer like you did; I know you are the administrator, and because of that, you should know that most of the records online are hacked times, specially when those records are in CM games, which happened since they have the thing online.

I know that the first week after release I have been leading some of the PC wet leaderboards lordax, so I can only speak for myself that I don't cheat and some of the familiar drivers on those boards aren't either.

As long as the top 10 is within a 0.5 second margin it's all okay, but of course when the number 1 is seconds faster than the rest there is something wrong.

What I don't understand is that Codemasters game guru's are not just manually deleting those times from the leaderboard if they have cheated. Ban their games for windows live, disable their game or whatever.

if they have to buy a new game to play they might learn :)

I believe that the use of a setup can be, at times, ambiguous. After becoming so familiar with almost all of the tracks, I do have a modified set up for roughly 80% of the tracks. (I have not one single setup for heavy rain unfortunately.) There are some tracks in my opinion that necessitate the utilization of a modified setup. In particular would be Interlagos-São Paulo, Monaco and Singapore. (Less so on the latter, but most definitely on the first two.) I started off by simply driving the course and becoming familiar with its particulars. I then noted what issues I was having and adjusted my setup accordingly. (It is fair to note that I did try one of the setups listed on this site's setup forum, however I changed it so much it that I it bares little resemblance to the original.) After adjusting my setup and returning to the track I again noted the problem areas and returned again to the computer. (I play on a the XBOX 360.) This next step is one that I have not heard anyone mention, so I'm unsure if this practice is unique to myself or if perhaps nobody else discusses it, but I watch a handful of on-board laps for the track I'm working on. In some cases there may not be as much relevance to to the game as it applies to real life driving, but in the case of Monaco, I find that the lap times are pretty spot-on. (Monaco Lap Record 1:14.439-M.Schumacher)

Grant it the last time that I checked the XBOX leaderboard's top spot for Monaco was a 1:11.xxx and while the three second difference will most likely never been seen on the real streets of Monte Carlo, I find that watching the on-boards gives me a better idea of turn-in points, early/late apexes, shift-points, etc. Taken with a grain of salt as I know that the video game is going to allow for a more speedy approach to all of the above, it is still something that has helped tremendously. When I first got the game I could not crack 1:20.xxx on Monaco (sad, but true), but after practicing and bit of study added with what I consider to be an above-average setup, I average 1:16.577 laps throughout a 40% race. (No ABS,No Driving Line, Wheel/Pedal & Medium TCS.)

As for beating the ghost car, I have found that the ghost car can be a distraction at times. Sometimes I am trying to keep up with the car so desperately that I am making mistakes in places that I normally would not. For that reason I do not pick a to race a ghost car that is more than 1.5 seconds faster than my personal best on any given track. Sometimes I do not even use a leaderboard ghost car - preferring instead to simply complete one lap at a time, trying my best to better my own ghost car each lap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%