Unable to turn AI headlights on.

Hello!

I remember making a setting change where in it stated " turn on headlights when the AI does". I probably changed that value and now in night races, i have manually turn my headlights ON, while the AI do not have any headlights.

Now i'm confused as to where i did that change. Please help me how to rectify this

Only place I've seen that is in the custom shaders patch.
In content manager, go to 'settings' then select 'custom shaders patch', then in the Extensions list, choose 'general patch settings' and make sure the 'active' box is checked.

Now scroll down to 'Weather FX' and under 'Miscellaneous' is the option you need to make sure is checked.

I hope that clears things up and doesn't add to the confusion!

1.jpg
2.jpg

It is in the weather file, look at the last line.

[CLOUDS]
COVER=1 ; regulates clouds transparency: 0-1
CUTOFF=0.107 ; regulates other colors influencies on the cloud: 0-1; if 1, just the color of the cloud is considered; if 0, just the color effects on the clouds are considered; if 0.5, 50% of cloud color and 50% of effects
COLOR=1 ; base color, the sunlight, light color and ambient will be added to this: 0-1
WIDTH=3 ; width of the quad
HEIGHT=1 ; height of the quad
RADIUS=3 ; distance from the center of the skybox to the quad
NUMBER=75 ; number of clouds
BASE_SPEED_MULT=0

[FOG]
COLOR=0.012,0.012,0.012
BLEND=0.8
DISTANCE=12000

[LAUNCHER]
NAME=Night; name of the weather as it will appear in the launcher menus
TEMPERATURE_COEFF=0.8 ; creates a variation of the asphalt temperature relative to the weather, ambient temperature and time: −1-1; see the readme_weather.txt for explanation

[CAR_LIGHTS]
FORCE_ON=1

Only place I've seen that is in the custom shaders patch.
In content manager, go to 'settings' then select 'custom shaders patch', then in the Extensions list, choose 'general patch settings' and make sure the 'active' box is checked.

Now scroll down to 'Weather FX' and under 'Miscellaneous' is the option you need to make sure is checked.

I hope that clears things up and doesn't add to the confusion!

View attachment 297448 View attachment 297449
How might I do the opposite, meaning have the AI turn lights on when I do? Or at least adjust their threshold for turning on?

Seems like the latest CM doesn't have that checkbox anymore in that menu. It's moved somewhere else and I can't find it, but fortunately I was able to change the value in the text file it's saved in. I can't seem to locate where in the UI it's moved to though I remember checking it somewhere after it was removed from the WeatherFX.
EDIT: NVM, I had to re-update and install the latest CSP and it re-appeared.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years