Unable To Load Track Mods

Hi, I've just downloaded the V8 Supercars track mods and i'm trying to get them to load in the game so I can practice. I've unpacked the rar file in the locations folder. Gone into the game and chosen that track but all I get is a splash page for the RDTCC Season 10, it doesn't go any further. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but don't know what.

Unpacked looks like this:
Desktop\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013 and files.
I've tried just dragging as it is unpacked and tried dragging the contents of the main folder to the locations folder but doesn't work either way.

It's installed with Steam so the full path is Steam\steamapps\common\Stock Car Extreme\GameData\Locations . . . .

If that makes a difference, again, clutching at straws now.

The track appears in the list but when selected it display a splash screen and doesn't load anything.

Last edited:
Damn... the fact that it's listed tells us it's most likely installed correctly. In my experience, the failure to load issue has always stemmed from the mod not being installed correctly (which doesn't seem to be the case here) and/or from missing files (some tracks come with ".mas" files that go in the root of Locations, but this one doesn't).

I know this is sort of obvious, but I don't think you mentioned it before.. did you re-download the mod to ensure your copy didn't get messed up during the download?

The only thing I can think to do next would be to check the game's logs and/or enable more detailed logging (trace=5, I think?). It would seem you're doing everything right, so I feel like more info is needed as to what's actually going wrong.

I just had an opportunity to try this mod on my SCE install, and it worked just fine on the first try. For whatever its worth (as I realize we've beaten the subject of extraction to death), my process was:

Download RAR from here, open it with 7Zip, grab the folder from within the archive, drag it to my Locations directory.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point (again, barring the logging if downloading it again doesn't help).

I just had an opportunity to try this mod on my SCE install, and it worked just fine on the first try. For whatever its worth (as I realize we've beaten the subject of extraction to death), my process was:

Download RAR from here, open it with 7Zip, grab the folder from within the archive, drag it to my Locations directory.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point (again, barring the logging if downloading it again doesn't help).
exactly what i did with calder and adelaide (as i always do) and had problems with both

I've unistalled the game, just waiting for the install and update to finish then I will try again. If it doesn't work I will have to just have to forget it. I wanted to get involved with V8 Supercars as i'm nuts about them, nevermind :(

Well, that didn't work, none of the tracks i've downloaded will load. I can't understand how you all can load it and I can't, there must be something missing in the game files I have or some conflict somewhere. I have to admit defeat, which is unusual for me.

don't suppose there is a file that needs to be altered before the game will accept mods or something stupid like that?

Sorry to hear you haven't managed to get it loading. And regarding the question I quoted, no there is not. Having the new directories is all that's required for cars and tracks.

I also took a look at my launch options, and the option you want (if you want more detailed logging) is trace=3

If you do that and then go to SCE\UserData\LOG\, there should be a text file or a few in there. Might check that out.

Assuming you're running the Steam version, right click the game in your Library, choose Properties, and on the General tab that comes up, click Set Launch Options. Put trace=3 into that box and then go try your track(s).

If you're using non-Steam, just create a Shortcut to GSC.exe and put trace=3 at the end of the "Target" option when you make the Shortcut.

That should, as mentioned above, create a text file in SCE\UserData\LOG, I think. Assuming it does, you could try posting its contents here. I won't claim to be able to interpret it, but someone that has done tracks might be able to. Not sure, since I've never had to troubleshoot a track issue this far, but it's the last idea I have.

I've got loads of these:
setup.cpp 1715: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BLITZ RENNSPORT\BLITZ11.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)

and this:
vidman.cpp 1637: CUBE error loading scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013.SCN: Error initializing scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013.SCN

its all gobbledeegook to me

GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013.SCN: Error initializing scene file

This seems important, though I don't know what would cause it.

What I will say, is that I think your track might be a layer too deep. Look at your path for that scene file and compare it to mine:

GameData\Locations\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013.scn

Notice you have 3 "Barbagallo2013" and I only have 2 (that are folder names). I'm wondering if that isn't confusing the game.

vidman.cpp 1637: CUBE error loading scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013.SCN: Error initializing scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013\Barbagallo2013.SCN

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.3%