Unable to launch Steam GSCE - Won't read Video config

Hi Guys

I have just installed Steam and GSCE on a Vista PC, and although I have run the Video Config file from the Steam directory as mentioned in the V150 thread, the main game exe is not recognising the file and when launched comes up with the default 800 x 600 graphics.

I have tried launching the game from the Steam folder using Run as Admin as the options, and still the same result. I change the default settings and the game reopens the Config pop up and it is back to the default again. Not sure what else to say.

Any help is appreciated.

It sounds like UAC is on and prevents from writing in the Program folder. Have a look in you Documents folder: I guess there is a config ini there: not sure if you should edit this one or if it is best to disable UAC. I just googled and there are several ways to disable it if this is the case: I'm not expert at all here, and I don't know which ay is the best, hope someone else will help you better!

yeah, I thought that too, so I moved the installation directory to a new hard drive away from the program files directory. I also reinstalled GSCE into the new drive, however it still is displaying the same traits. I have removed the UAC as a test, and it now works, so I am now assuming that because Steam is in the Program directory, and Steam is calling GSCE that the UAC is still taking control of the main GSCE game and how it reads the correct config file. Its kinda working for now, so I can live with that as it is only my backup gaming machine. I should just upgrade windows but couldn't be stuffed as this is more a media centre anyway.

Thanks for the help.

One of the problem with Steam is that you cannot move your games, they have to be in the Steam folder, so inside the program folder. Glad you get it to work somehow. Hope you'll get it working with the new game too! Cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.9%