Unable to configure handbrake!

Racers.... i have a strange problem with GTR Evo... I am not able to configure the handbrake to any key/button!

i have tried setting the space bar while playing with keyboard. The control settings show it is that way but while driving it simply doesn't work!
:disapointed:

tried setting a button for handbrake on my thrust master gamepad as well as GT 2in1 wheel... neither has an effect... so i am always having to lower my rear wing down force and lighten the front ARBs to get some oversteer going even for RWD touring cars!!!

Can someone help ???

Handbrake doesnt work in GTR Evo, but do you really need the handbrake with a touring to create oversteer?

For RDW touringcar:
  • Lower front ARB / Higher rear ARB
  • Lower front spring / Higher rear spring
  • Brakebalance more to the rear
If that doesnt help you ain't pushing hard enough i think:laugh2:

Edit: Dave was faster!

Handbrake doesnt work in GTR Evo, but do you really need the handbrake with a touring to create oversteer?

For RDW touringcar:
  • Lower front ARB / Higher rear ARB
  • Lower front spring / Higher rear spring
  • Brakebalance more to the rear
If that doesnt help you ain't pushing hard enough i think:laugh2:

Edit: Dave was faster!

Thanks guys for the response! :jump:

Yeah i used to play around with the settings quite often... yep i agree that WTCC drivers dont use the handbrake.... but then why doesnt the game let me configure one ??? :(

I generally try to only lower the rear downforce on xtreme cars... open wheeled racers generally handle well with change in brake bias :)

but i actually brake pretty late and power mid corner... it still doesnt induce any power oversteer! so i try to adjust brake bias to rear and get the tail to slide.. but i need to brake a bit early without losing control.... sadly all this is very easy with the steering wheel.. with the keyboard, i need to do extensive setup changes to induce oversteer....

Whatz the best times u guys cud manage on Nordschleife ??? :beer:

That is something I am craving to learn.

add me up lol is there a step by step guide for dummies

Assuming that like many you have a G25, it can be hard as in many player’s home I have visited (like mine for instances) the (virtual) driving position we adopt wile (virtually) racing is "too much vertical"...

English isn't my native language, so will try another version of what I'm trying to say:

Due (for instances) to screen position, the “virtual” driving position many of us adopt wile “virtual” racing is wrong... and so it makes it more difficult to do “heel and toe” (but possible) ;)

Btw, good driving shoes help... If like many (me for instances) you don't want to spend many €/$ in them, use the “poor's man driving shoes”, aka "conver$e all $tar" :D

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU[/media]complete with ropey ass slip-ons.

No questioning his driving ability is there ... shame we can't say the same for his choice of footwear :laugh2:

BTW ... just got my G25, and likewise would be more than happy to
i) have a handbrake mapping
ii) be able to heal and toe properly (learned to do it years ago in one of my VW beetles to stop it cutting out as I changed gear, set off at traffic lights without handbrake, etc, but its in no way "race worthy")

Assuming that like many you have a G25, it can be hard as in many player’s home I have visited (like mine for instances) the (virtual) driving position we adopt wile (virtually) racing is "too much vertical"...

English isn't my native language, so will try another version of what I'm trying to say:

Due (for instances) to screen position, the “virtual” driving position many of us adopt wile “virtual” racing is wrong... and so it makes it more difficult to do “heel and toe” (but possible) ;)

Btw, good driving shoes help... If like many (me for instances) you don't want to spend many €/$ in them, use the “poor's man driving shoes”, aka "conver$e all $tar" :D

a fair point. although becuase of that reason i have a very low setup. i knocked a rig up out of some 2x1 to fit to my desk and use a camp chair to race in which gives me the low slung position need.

cant race in shoes at all tho like to be able to slide my feet around on the pedals.

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU[/media]

complete with ropey ass slip-ons.

Remember watching this video on tape a year after the NSX was out!! i found it amusing that he actually could drive it so well with such a joke of a foot wear!! And i know some who complain a lot about their leather boots getting stuck between the pedals of their Renault! :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%