Unable to bind keyboard buttons

Had the same issue when I got it in early access a couple weeks ago, was hoping it would be fixed, still not. Completely unacceptable from ANY company to release a game and be unable to map keys and buttons, especially when there is so many things which can/need to be mapped.

I read on the official forum that keyboard mapping was intended to be in 1.0 as part of a new controler settings interface, but was not ready for 1.0. They plan to include it as soon as it is ready to be used.

(Mapping wheel buttons does work.)

Last edited:
Well, it does for me, but that is all I can say.

It's a bit weird though. If there is already a button or an axis assigned, you are not able to directly change it. You have to click "clear" first and then you can assign the desired button or axis.
Tried all that. Still not working consistently.

Tried all that. Still not working consistently.
Yea, it's not exactly as I described it. Actually I had to click the entry I was about to change, then click "cancel", which clears the current assignment, then clicked the entry again and selection of the desired wheel button was working. (Had to redo all my controller setup yesterday evening after accidentally overriding it with default settings and it worked for me that way [BTW - I really don't like these load/save dialogs])

Yea, it's not exactly as I described it. Actually I had to click the entry I was about to change, then click "cancel", which clears the current assignment, then clicked the entry again and selection of the desired wheel button was working. (Had to redo all my controller setup yesterday evening after accidentally overriding it with default settings and it worked for me that way [BTW - I really don't like these load/save dialogs])
Thanks. I tried all that.
But I solved my problem. I realised it would not assign a wheel button to anything else that was already assigned to something in the preset. So after deleting all the standard assignments I was able to do new assignments. Sorted now. Played for a few hours and no crashes to desktop either. It's going well. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I tried all that.
But I solved my problem. I realised it would not assign a wheel button to anything else that was already assigned to something in the preset. So after deleting all the standard assignments I was able to do new assignments. Sorted now. Played for a few hours and no crashes to desktop either. It's going well. :thumbsup:

But i do you change the default assigned keys A,Z (acelerate, brake) and ,. (steer left, steer right) to the directional keyboard keys. Its impossible.

But i do you change the default assigned keys A,Z (acelerate, brake) and ,. (steer left, steer right) to the directional keyboard keys. Its impossible.
I agree that it needs to be changeable, but I learned to drive like that(A/Z/,/.) in Grand Prix 3/4, and it eventually seems a lot more intuitive than having your fingers all in the same place. ( :sneaky: )

Give it a go for one night, see how it goes.

I agree that it needs to be changeable, but I learned to drive like that(A/Z/,/.) in Grand Prix 3/4, and it eventually seems a lot more intuitive than having your fingers all in the same place. ( :sneaky: )

Give it a go for one night, see how it goes.

Yes, but you lost a lot of time because Automatic gears. Manual gears you are a lot faster... :)

Yes, that is true for the moment. As I said - they said that this will be possible in the (near) future. They wanted to have a reworked controler page in the 1.0 version but where not able to finish it in time.

If You're using wheel and binded controls from keyboard are not working then try this. Try to check option in Options -> Control -> Wheel / custom tab -> Advanced tab -> Combine with keyboard input

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%