Ultrawide monitor changes for 2022 Season 2

So i have a ultrawide monitor and the season change update broke the scaling of the menu UI in game.

After getting frustrated for a few hours and about to give up I found this in the patch notes.

iRacing now handles UI scaling on ultrawide screens better.

- - We no longer treat them as triple monitors and force the UI to the center 1/3 of the screen; instead we limit the UI to roughly a 16:9 aspect ratio no matter what value is set for the current ultrawide aspect ratio.

- - On 21:9 monitors, your UI will become narrower, and on 32:9 monitors your UI will become wider. In both cases you can edit the following parameters in the [Graphics] section of the “app.ini” file for further customization:

- - - - DriveUIMaxAspectRatio=1.8 (Adjusts how wide the UI is)

- - - - SessionUIMaxAspectRatio=1.8 (Adjusts how wide the UI is)

- - - - DriveUIFullScreen=1 (Disable this logic, and allows the UI to go full-screen)

- - - - SessionUIFullScreen=1 (Disable this logic, and allows the UI to go full-screen)

Hope this saves someone a few hours of pain :)

So i have a ultrawide monitor and the season change update broke the scaling of the menu UI in game.

After getting frustrated for a few hours and about to give up I found this in the patch notes.

Hope this saves someone a few hours of pain :)
Tested and its fantastic now, if only I didn't have to change a setting in a notepad file to do it...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back