Ultra wides

Anyone using a Samsung 43" Ultra Wide monitor and can give me their thoughts.
I am looking at the C43J89 in particular (because its the cheapest I have found).
https://www.ebuyer.com/900707-samsung-c43j892-43-curved-ultrawide-uhd-curved-monitor-lc43j892dkuxen
A 49" will be too wide, unfortunately.

I mainly race in VR, but for the odd time I wont be, like if I try Wreckfest or buy F1 2019 or WRC I may want to try pancake.
I cant go triples as my rig is not near my PC and I use 2 monitors for Photoshop and other games etc.

3C0E40CE-DB85-40AA-B598-954A3D962A16.jpeg.jpg

Yes I bought that monitor a few weeks back, upgrading from 34". I much prefer it. Hadn't realised there was no freesync on this one, but no complaints really. I'm no expert on monitors :)

Can see a wing mirror...

IMG_20191013_111838653.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks great.
Could you do me a favour please and measure the width.
I know the spec say 106cm but not sure if that’s in a straight line or following the curve.
Also measure the screen height.
What size is your other monitor?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Sorry for necroposting, but this is the only thread about some real experience with this display.

I have some space limitation in my room, so I cannot afford its big 49" brother and I am curios to read some opinions from users playing sim racing:

1. Do most important sims support its unusual ratio (32:10)?
  2. I didn't find any info about latency and real response measurement. Have you experienced any annoying ghosting or latency?
  3. Are you happy with it or are you little regretted after having bought it and maybe switch to something else?
Thank you

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back