Resource icon

Skins Ultimate Legend Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Meff28s submitted a new resource:

Ultimate Legend Mod - Classic 80's mod is replaced by a brand new Legend Mod that includes Senna, Lauda, Hunt etc...

Thanx to every modder from this Forum who gave me the possibility to create that mod. I used some of your creations (Helmets, skins etc..) to complete Helmets, liveries etc..

Teams & Drivers :

Williams 1982-1987
Keke Rosberg on Championship Winning FW08
Nelson Piquet on Championship Winning FW11B

Williams 1992-1996
Nigel Mansell on Championship Winning FW14B
Damon Hill on Championship Winning FW18

Scuderia Ferrari 1976-1996
Michael...

Read more about this resource...

Thanx to every modder from this Forum who gave me the possibility to create that mod. I used some of your creations (Helmets, skins etc..) to complete Helmets, liveries etc..

Oh man ........ I just know that statement may not do you much good.

You really need to get the other modder's permission to use their work here before uploading.

At the barest minimum you need to credit (name), each modder who's work has been included within your mod. That would help you a lot, but not totally, people do get angry when they are not asked.

I advise you to add the credits quickly, and be prepared for some diplomacy here :)

In fact I've downloaded every single classic ressource from this forum then i used everyone's work in a certain way.. That's why i said that i thank your great community to help me creating this mod.

Thank you Benutzername, to give precision about the liveries i've all made them with the models created by M2166. I began with the McLaren M26 of James Hunt with the c01 base of the 312T2.. many issues with cloned areas all over the car. I gave up and tried with a new base : c02 (Williams A.Jones/A.Prost). In fact the 3D model of the car looks more like the real M26. Also many problems with the textures but i did my best to get something quite realistic. Then i tried to create new McLaren 88/89 liverys different from those i've seen here on RD. I realised that the shape of the MP4/5 was quite exactly the same as the Lotus 86 allready in th game ! Both cars have a sort of prolonged visor in front of the cockpit and the cloned areas allowed me to create a White/Red Nose with the correct ammount of sponsors and position. Some days after I tried a new McLaren, Hakkinen's one. I was obliged to create it from a c12 base (Williams Mansell/Hill) which has a texture that allows the most painting possibilities. The same night I did Hill's Mansell's and Piquet's Williams. Painting the Rothmans Williams was HELL with all the stripes of the logo all around the car.. !

Yesterday i created Lauda's Helmet which ruined my entire day because of the Romerquelle logo.. those who paint helmets may understand ^^

Anyway if anyone wants to improve every single skin that is in this mod, i'll let him do it with a lot of pleasure !

In fact I've downloaded every single classic ressource from this forum then i used everyone's work in a certain way.. That's why i said that i thank your great community to help me creating this mod.

Thank you Benutzername, to give precision about the liveries i've all made them with the models created by M2166. I began with the McLaren M26 of James Hunt with the c01 base of the 312T2.. many issues with cloned areas all over the car. I gave up and tried with a new base : c02 (Williams A.Jones/A.Prost). In fact the 3D model of the car looks more like the real M26. Also many problems with the textures but i dithing quite realistic. Then i tried to create new McLaren 88/89 liverys different from those i've seen here on RD. I realised that the shape of the MP4/5 was quite exactly the same as the Lotus 86 allready in th game ! Both cars have a sort of prolonged visor in front of the cockpit and the cloned areas allowed me to create a White/Red Nose with the correct ammount of sponsors and position. Some days after I tried a new McLaren, Hakkinen's one. I was obliged to create it from a c12 base (Williams Mansell/Hill) which has a texture that allows the most painting possibilities. The same night I did Hill's Mansell's and Piquet's Williams. Painting the Rothmans Williams was HELL with all the stripes of the logo all around the car.. !

Yesterday i created Lauda's Helmet which ruined my entire day because of the Romerquelle logo.. those who paint helmets may understand ^^

Anyway if anyone wants to improve every single skin that is in this mod, i'll let him do it with a lot of pleasure !
It's not only about credit - but you can't just take someone else's work and upload it again, even if you've changed it. You HAVE to ask permission from the original authors.

Unless, of course, you did everything on your own. In that case, I apologize.

It's not only about credit - but you can't just take someone else's work and upload it again, even if you've changed it. You HAVE to ask permission from the original authors.

Unless, of course, you did everything on your own. In that case, I apologize.
I treid it, all the skins are (as far ss i see) self-made. Only thing i see is keke's helmet made by gerald

I treid it, all the skins are (as far ss i see) self-made. Only thing i see is keke's helmet made by gerald

@Meff28s

If that is the case, then I mis-interpreted your initial statement and I apologise. That initial text implies that the mod is a compilation. So I could see a major storm approaching.

Gerald is usually pretty chilled... But a credit would be nice.

So I'll get out of your hair and this thread assuming that is the case :)

Cheers

Last edited:
It looks great. I don't seem to see the "Multi livery mod" in the rar file that you mention. Lost all my 2013 car liveries. Do you have instructions in how to get them back?

You've lost your liveries because the raceload.jpk file has been changed in this mod, just like some of the mods in 2012.

To get your liveries back you need to put back your original raceload.jpk file that you should have backed up before you installed this mod.

If you do not have it, you'll need to re-verify your file system through steam

You've lost your liveries because the raceload.jpk file has been changed in this mod, just like some of the mods in 2012.

To get your liveries back you need to put back your original raceload.jpk file that you should have backed up before you installed this mod.

If you do not have it, you'll need to re-verify your file system through steam
Thanks for the info. I will try that now.

Thanks for the info. I will try that now.
Well you could do something else without re-installing anything ! You only have to copy/paste and rename some files. This is explained inside the Multilivery mod topic. For example, the Ferrari skins are loaded in the cars/fe2/livery_main/ folder. The files are a low resolution texture and a high one. The multilivery mod change the loaded folder position onto cars/fe2/livery_00 and livery_01 to allow teams to have different textures for each car. What you have to do is copy/paste the fe2_gen_high_main inside livery_00/textures_high/ folder and rename it fe2_gen_high_00 instead of fe2_gen_high_main. Do the same for livery_01 and rename it fe2_gen_high_01, and do the same for low resolutions files. Go into my modded cars folders to see how it works for working classic cars.

I
Well you could do something else without re-installing anything ! You only have to copy/paste and rename some files. This is explained inside the Multilivery mod topic. For example, the Ferrari skins are loaded in the cars/fe2/livery_main/ folder. The files are a low resolution texture and a high one. The multilivery mod change the loaded folder position onto cars/fe2/livery_00 and livery_01 to allow teams to have different textures for each car. What you have to do is copy/paste the fe2_gen_high_main inside livery_00/textures_high/ folder and rename it fe2_gen_high_00 instead of fe2_gen_high_main. Do the same for livery_01 and rename it fe2_gen_high_01, and do the same for low resolutions files. Go into my modded cars folders to see how it works for working classic cars.
Thanks. I'll do this. I understand how the file structures work etc. Just don't know how to fix this.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%