ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version

Misc ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version V5

Login or Register an account to download this content
For AF/DD owners, try the Smoother file, set engine_vibration 0.0001, set engine_vibration_while_driving 0.0001, in-game set Volume 70, Tone 50, FX 25, in SimCommander Reset To Defaults, Game Force Feedback Smoothing 48.24%, AccuForce Friction 5.49%.

After that, there's still some heavy rattling/vibration from road surface(?) that I haven't been able to tune out. I tried FX 0 and bump_scale/scrub_scale 0.0001 but those didn't seem to work.

Hugo, could you compare against Jack Spade's ffb_custom_settings - stan lo comp DD SopDiff.txt file (attached) and see what the difference is because that file doesn't exhibit that rattling/vibration. Thanks!

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings - stan lo comp DD SopDiff.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 495
Hey Shovas ~ I must have just got used to the road rattling cause I really like the Pure file slightly tweaked but still with engine vibration at 15. I am only using game smoothing at 20% and fluid dampening at 1.57% and really like it.

I used to use that same file you linked for a long while but I went back to Raw because I think it dampens everything to the point where you cannot feel the tire grip at limits. After studying those files before I can see there are lots of added commands that appear to smooth and dampen things which is probably why the sharper bumping is not felt. Also there is no engine vibration commands at all plus the Scoop settings are much lower and scoop is for road feel above and below the knee. So perhaps Hugo cannot totally get rid of the road bumping we feel on DD wheels without introducing similar commands which may dampen everything losing road feel. Just my guess.

Thanks to Hugo's guidance this AC fan boy has lovely setting for old DTMs in PC2 now. On my V2.5 base I am running smooth file with some change stolen from wrist breaker file to give me that snap on oversteer. I have changed as advised by Hugo - spindle arm - arm angle from 15.0 to 0.0. In outputs (* 2.5 volume output ) ) I tried 2.7 but settled for now on 2.9. No clipping and a nice feel to the wheel in the old rear wheel drive cars that I love.

Last edited:
I gave up on this game over a year ago. To me it was the worst feeling racing game out of any title I have owned , going asll the way back to GTR2 , Race 07' ect.....

It's mainly for me , an extremely faulty FFB. It was never even close to all the normal racing sims we all play ( you know all the main ones I speak of. )

I have tried probably 15 - 20 different FFB fixes for this game , and none of them , and I mean NONE of them work the way this one does! I honestly can't believe someone actually got the FFB working in a way that a sim racer may actually some what enjoy the game now. Thank you hvaillancourt89 !! I don't know how you dialed out that enormous dead spot right in the middle of the wheel.....but for the most part it's gone thanks to you!

It's still not on the level of an AMS , AC , RF2 , RR3 , Iracing , ect.......but it's light years better then what it was. It honestly feels a lot like GTR2 , which was great back in the day , until we got spoiled by the titles above. Super glad I decided to try this one more before it got permanently deleted from my Steam acct.

Thanks to all of you for the work put into this!
Revised 5/5
Using Accuforce....
Smoother file v3.1
Custom
g 100
v 35
t 50
fx 7

SC4
gm ffb 93
gm smth 48.24
frict 5.49

tested Lotus 40 Sakitto short 1:13.5
tested 962LM 3:28.5 LeMans

Last edited:
Well , tried the new version, the smooth and the comfortable file but i still get crazy loud vibrations on my g27. Tried lowering the bump value on the file to 0.1, fx to 0, volume to 30 and still get the same intensity(with the weight of the wheel feeling lighter of course) . Very weird. I thought it was something wrong with the wheel itself but if i play on informative flavour they feel great, some small tactile response but no crazy vibrations. Guess I'll try to not drive on the kerbs lol, otherwise it feels awesome.
The excessive kerb rattle might be caused by the SopDiff function generating a high number of rapid signals over bumps. There was some discussion about it on the Jack Spade FFB thread at PCars2 official forum.

Try changing the value in "(sop_diff (smooth sop_diff 0.0))" from 0.0 to 0.01 to smooth the signal. You can adjust it to taste, but too high will start to feel dull. Remember to restart the game after each edit. I use a G27 with the 'Pure Feel' file and the reduction in excessive rattle from this change was dramatic, without dulling down the rest of hvaillancourt89's FFB improvements.

I also tested my ageing G27 with WheelCheck and FCM (as per advice on PCars2 official forum) as I wanted a linear force curve, or as close to one as I could get. I ended up with a deadzone removal/falloff value of 19/2 and scoop knee/reduction of 45/54. These values give me linear until about halfway up the curve, then drops off a bit in the top half, ie. stronger forces are relatively reduced a little. Some people prefer a non-linear curve where lower strength forces are boosted, especially on older non-DD wheels, so these values may not suit everyone.

My other settings are in-game 100/50/50/25 and Logitech profiler 100/0/0, center spring off, rotation 900, allow game to adjust on, and I reduce engine vibrations to 25/10. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Edited : See Hugo latest files and other edited files later in posts.

Full Credit to Hugo Vai, his work has given pC2 a new lease of life... thanks Hugo ! ;)
Hi Mark - hope you are well. Looks like you have PC2 sorted. I’ve been in Assetto land for ages having struggled to get anywhere near the feel from pCars2. I will try your custom ffb. Have you posted on the Accuforce owners club in full? If not, could you, as if you update your settings, more people could benefit from your work. Thanks mate. Also- if you happen to have up to date Assetto Corsa (not competitione) settings, I’d be really grateful if you could share - I still seem to be chasing optimal - and given your settings have always been good, I hoped you might have something . Thanks as always . Fellow Aussie Accuforce Pro Owner

G'day Paul, I did enjoy pc2 again for a bit but was back on AC Competizione before other things have kept me away from racing at this time. Honestly I find the road feel of cars in ACC is incredibly good and FFB on the AF better than any other sim by far. I now have trouble enjoying pc2 like I used to even though I do think the ffb is improved by some degree with these custom tweaks. Last time on AC was a long time ago for me and I hope that ACC eventually expands its track roster to take it over completely, probs a long way off though. Sorry mate I can only highly recommend ACC and even my old fave R3E feels muted to drive these days. Worth a mention is rF2 as I enjoy that now more than ever however until they fully implement a proper "Lock view to Horizon" option I cannot do many laps in VR before I am thrown off by giddiness & nausea. I believe it is still being worked on. Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Hi
G'day Paul, I did enjoy pc2 again for a bit but was back on AC Competizione before other things have kept me away from racing at this time. Honestly I find the road feel of cars in ACC is incredibly good and FFB on the AF better than any other sim by far. I now have trouble enjoying pc2 like I used to even though I do think the ffb is improved by some degree with these custom tweaks. Last time on AC was a long time ago for me and I hope that ACC eventually expands its track roster to take it over completely, probs a long way off though. Sorry mate I can only highly recommend ACC and even my old fave R3E feels muted to drive these days. Worth a mention is rF2 as I enjoy that now more than ever however until they fully implement a proper "Lock view to Horizon" option I cannot do many laps in VR before I am thrown off by giddiness & nausea. I believe it is still being worked on. Cheers mate :thumbsup:
Mark - I couldn’t get excited about ACC as it’s only GT3 cars sadly - there’s a lot going on in AC land with sol and shaders bringing it up to date. I’d love to try Pcars 2 - can you share your in game control settings and the Sim commander Accuforce profile to complete the picture .. is the Accuforce profile for Pcars 2 on owners club? Looking forward to a weekend trying this out ... it’s beer o’clock in WA now hope to hear from you to fill out the configuration gaps - (Accuforce wheel settings, etc)
If a game doesn’t fully support VR - it’s dead to me nowadays . Have a great weekend

All the files feel really floaty on my T300. The wheel feels way too smooth, like there's almost no feedback at all, except for that engine vibration. Which is weird, since I'm using the Wristbreaker file, which I assume is the strongest one?

Reduced Damper and Spring to 0. Had rotation angle set to 540.

Turned the FFB volume up to about 60, from the suggested 35. Feels a lot more aggressive, but no more informative.

@hvaillancourt89

Thanks for your work, I am really enjoying the pure feel file!

I have ZERO knowledge of how to create a custom file or what each line does when altered and was wondering if you could help me out?

I really enjoyed the engine/gear shift effects you added, tho I noticed with the pure feel file on my thrustmaster tx while monitoring the ingame ffb graph that only the first 2 bars show any movement....is this correct or should all 4 bars be showing effects?

Anyways.....is it possible to take the raw profile and add the engine/shift effects?

Cheers
David

Hi. Can someone please tell me where the ffb_custom_settings txt. file is? I use steam, right click, properties, local files then looked and couldn't find it. Thank you

(p.s i have no knowledge or understanding of software so any reply please keep very very basic, thank you)

Hi. Can someone please tell me where the ffb_custom_settings txt. file is? I use steam, right click, properties, local files then looked and couldn't find it. Thank you

(p.s i have no knowledge or understanding of software so any reply please keep very very basic, thank you)
In the Documents/Project CARS 2 folder.

Thank you for the replies. Its in local c, program file, steam, etc. But i still can't see the ffb_custom_setting txt which i'm meant to be replacing. Should i just copy and paste/drag the new ffb file into the basic project cars 2 file or does it need to go somewhere in particular?

I just found these files and tried them out on my TS-PC Racer. I like to drive Audi R8 (LMP900) on Daytona Road Course. I like the feel of grip (or lack of) I'm getting, but the banking at Daytona is now trying to rattle my house down. Does anyone have any advice on a setting to fix that?

hvaillancourt89 updated ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update 3.1 with 2 BONUS files!!! with a new update entry:

V4.0 - NEW FFB FILE!

Hello back,

I bought a TS-PC racer recently and started to play with the file again... Think I really nailed it this time! To me, the new file feels awesome, maybe perfect and it should be good with any wheel. You still have the other files if you like them but my pick is "THE BEST ONE" ...pretty straightforward.

My recommendations for in-game FFB settings:
- If using Thrustmaster gear, turn damper to 0 in the control panel
- With road cars, I like to lower the GAIN to about 75...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back