ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version

Misc ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version V5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks a lot for the update! I use a Logitech G27 with your 'Comfortable feel' v3.1 plus my own tweaks to sopp diff, scoop, deadzone (see post #46) which work well for my wheel. I also include Mx, My forces (a la Christiaan) which I see are also included in v4.0. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure whether I'm actually feeling Mx, My or it's just placebo?

I've tried to use v4.0 but the bump and scrub rattle is too strong on some car/track combinations for my G27, regardless of in-game volume/tone/fx adjustments (eg. vintage protoypes on classic Hockenheimring). I'd prefer to leave gain at 100% across all cars, as you can't adjust it on the fly using shortcuts, and it's one less variable to deal with. I've tried dialling down several parameters in your file (bump, scrub, sop diff, texture, output volume) but nothing seems to significantly reduce the strongest forces, which puzzles me. Is that because you've disabled soft clipping and/or zeroed out (ie. disabled) other parameters which regulate the forces?

I'd really appreciate it if you could create 'comfortable feel' and 'smoother feel' versions for v4.0. That would be great! If not, could you recommend which parameters I should adjust to reduce or clip the strongest bump/scrub forces.

Thanks again!

The best in the business, thank you! One question, though:
How does one turn off the engine vibration effect? If I delete everything in the *Engine* category, the wheel gets turned and hard locked to the right.

The best in the business, thank you! One question, though:
How does one turn off the engine vibration effect? If I delete everything in the *Engine* category, the wheel gets turned and hard locked to the right.
Instructions are on the Overview page:

"The ENGINE VIBRATIONS are easy to find and adjust in the files.
Spot these lines toward the end of the file:

# Engine ---------------------------------------------
(engine_vibration 35)
(engine_vibration_while_driving 15)

TURN OFF BY SETTING THE VALUES TO 0.0001"

Must have been late, thank you!

Now, are there similar settings for the other sims? Assetto Corsa, to be exact? :)

I always find Fanatec's factory recommendations to be good for informative ffb, but way too heavy. No wonder, as I've heard, some pro sim racers tone their ffb all the way down. The best thing about this FFB for me is the riddance of that heavier wheel feeling, especially while turning and on high speeds. Really fun and not so tiresome.

Last edited:
There's a new update which absolutely blows all of this outta the water !!!!

Seriously ... it's called ... Automobilista 2 :D

Sorry but it is such a great race sim, everything pC2 should have been in the physics and FFB department plus some wicked South American tracks and classic 80's & 90's F1 cars.

Hi,
Is there any detailed explanation how all these parameters work together or at least what they influence? I am using a T300RS wheel and FFb for tire slip/grip is basically not existing. If I drive into a turn on the edge if tiregrip there is nothing which indicates that the tire is over its grip limits.
Also ABS effect is not existing or really minor.

g27 here and the wheel shaking under abs braking is horrible. Ive tried 4.0 3.0 comf 3.0 softer, all worse than the normal presets. How can I avoid this front shake under brake?

Thanks this is close to the best software update I ever had.
Had given up on PC 2.

Got a G27 that feels better than ever it has ever done before in any game!
Gain 90
Volume 48
Tone 38
FX8
I do have a voltage Mod but noting crazy
Using the new 'best" 4.0

Good day, pardon my ignorance. Where do I install these files. Do I try different files to see which give the best results? Want to give this try before I consider uninstalling the game ... Thanks in advance. Regards

Good day, pardon my ignorance. Where do I install these files. Do I try different files to see which give the best results? Want to give this try before I consider uninstalling the game ... Thanks in advance. Regards
Yes, strangely enough, I see now that the author didn't said anything about installation in his main page. :alien:
Maybe he thought it's way too obvious or something...
Anyway, you need to put it into your Documents\Project CARS 2 folder
( C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\Documents\Project CARS 2 )

Have been using your v4 and now just tested out the v5 settings mate! The v5 is only one file Pure Feel? The force feedback is lighter compared to v4. Do you still recommend the Fx is set to 0-5 or 15 like you mentioned in overview? As peviously for v4 update you mentioned that at 15 it will be clipping. Thank you for these again!

hey mate,
thank you for making these custom files
they are pure joy to use and greatly improved my driving :)
i've been using them since you released the version 1.
i wanted to ask you
is there a chance
that you could create something similar
for the f1 2020 game?
i tried it a few times, and it looks fun,
but the ffb?! my gosh... what da hell is even that. going from gt3 cars to that
i feel absolutley nothing. idk how ppl drive those formulas...
cheers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back