ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version

Misc ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version V5

Login or Register an account to download this content
The feel overall is good on my AccuForce Wheel after I turned engine vibration down to 1 but I have tried all 3 different files and for me the constant sharp rattle that underlies everything is just way too strong even with FX turned off - I guess it is road texture and bumps provided by the game. On a Rally track it is most noticeable but even on a smooth track it is too strong. I am tinkering with some settings trying to find what is the setting but have not found it yet. Thanks for your efforts though and for me Raw is good and I gave up on the Jack Spade files as they were not for me.

The feel overall is good on my AccuForce Wheel after I turned engine vibration down to 1 but I have tried all 3 different files and for me the constant sharp rattle that underlies everything is just way too strong even with FX turned off - I guess it is road texture and bumps provided by the game. On a Rally track it is most noticeable but even on a smooth track it is too strong. I am tinkering with some settings trying to find what is the setting but have not found it yet. Thanks for your efforts though and for me Raw is good and I gave up on the Jack Spade files as they were not for me.
Same problem here for me, on an AccuForce, as well. Youtuber SimRacing604, also on an AF, seems to really, really like it though?

I really like these ffb settings on my logitech g29, however there is pretty big dead zone, where I have no real ffb, that's pretty big and it doesn't exist in the default ffb settings. Is there a way to fix this?

Curious on why you say to turn off spring and damper on wheel settings. They don't do anything unless the game ffb calls for the effects. Didn't this turn off some effects being sent to the wheel.

Same problem here for me, on an AccuForce, as well. Youtuber SimRacing604, also on an AF, seems to really, really like it though?

I been doing a bit of experimenting with some minor changes and seems I might have made some progress with the excessive & constant shaking / bumping. It seems to vary according to what car & track you test it on as well.
[Edit] Still tinkering with it and see my file to try below, mainly if you have an AF wheel or OSW. Also see Hugo's comment that he is working on a new set of files with less bumps.

Last edited:
Well you're still going to feel stuff... It's intended to. You've put on the smoother file? with Fx to 0 it is veeeeeerryyy smooth on my Thrusmaster, way to smooth for my tastes. At this point lower the other effects if you really want none. The ones under road scale > bump scale and tire scrub.

Before that make sure you tried a lower volume AND TONE 40>

What car(s) do you test on?

Edited : See Hugo latest files and other edited files later in posts.

Full Credit to Hugo Vai, his work has given pC2 a new lease of life... thanks Hugo ! ;)

Last edited:
I have been testing using the Ford MkIV and the Ferrari 512S around Silverstone Classic and Nordschleife. I used Hugo's Comfortable file which I have tweaked from his original file which I am real happy with now as the sharp constant bumping is mostly eliminated. You can modulate it via the FX slider in game to get more or less road feel.

I run with SimCommander4 on Default with Game FFB Smoothing at 40% plus a small amount of AF Fluid Dampening at 1.57% and to me it feels very good and I can really feel the tires come alive now. In game I have Volume at 54 and Tone at 52. FX I have about 15 to 25 depending on track & car.

You can try this file which is tuned for the AccuForce and probably doesn't feel as good on other wheels, maybe an OSW it is also good, don't have one so only guessing there.

Full Credit to Hugo Vai, his work has given pC2 a new lease of life... thanks Hugo ! ;)
nice! I'll take a look at it and I am also working on the matter and I will release an update soon with less bumps in the smoother feel file.

hvaillancourt89 updated ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update 3.0 with 3 files!!! with a new update entry:

Refined feels + 2 bonus files

Update 3.1
- Brake/ABS effect is back with a proper subtle feel in all files.
- Many small changes to Comfortable feel and Smoother feel to accentuate their differences in intensity and bumps level accordingly. No bumps level change to Pure feel.
- To turn off engine vibrations set to 0.0001 in the file.

2 Bonus Files to **** around a bit. But still very much enjoyable. Any Direct Drive users looking for a real FFB challenge? Group C with a demonic strong file for example! Anyway......

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks Hugo, will test them later today/tonight. I did get a better feel of your comfortable file after changing the Scoop settings as scoop knee was really high and scoop reduction I bumped up a little.

Last edited:
Well , tried the new version, the smooth and the comfortable file but i still get crazy loud vibrations on my g27. Tried lowering the bump value on the file to 0.1, fx to 0, volume to 30 and still get the same intensity(with the weight of the wheel feeling lighter of course) . Very weird. I thought it was something wrong with the wheel itself but if i play on informative flavour they feel great, some small tactile response but no crazy vibrations. Guess I'll try to not drive on the kerbs lol, otherwise it feels awesome.

Tried the latest, with the latest in-game settings, same rattly, vibration ffb issues. There's also a massive drop of ffb in the bottom of the dip after T1 at Brands Hatch (perhaps on cold tires) with the Ginetta G55 GT4. Very unnatural. I solved this by halving Tone to 25.

I ended up with Gain 100, Volume 70 (increase wheel weight), Tone 25 (more wheel weight to steering forces rather than slippage), FX 12 (to reduce some gravelly, bumpy ffb that wasn't making much sense).

When it's smooth in hard cornering I do actually like how this file conveys grip through the corner. It's just about right to navigate through hard cornering.

The crazy rough, gravelly, vibration ffb that happens sometimes, due to some road surface bumps maybe?, really has to be solved.

Thanks for your efforts Hugo. I think the difference is largely dependant on the wheel used as with the AccuForce the finer road details are magnified probably much more than on a belt or cog driven wheel, same would be even more true on the stronger OSW wheels I would guess.

I have slightly changed a few values in your Pure Feel file and I think it feels very good now. Much more lively than the J.Spade files I previously used. Drifting the Ferrari 512M around Silverstone Classic feels incredible as I can feel the tire grip limit and catch oversteer quite easily and getting on and off the throttle quickly I can notice much more of what the tire is doing and feel the weight thru the AF wheel brilliantly ... much fun !!! :D

Nearly as good as the Nissan GTR in ACC which feels fantastic.

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Thanks Hugo the option are a great addition.
I drive as a default old DTM cars with clutch and H gate. Having tested for a few hours I have a question. I think the perfect setting for my v2.5 is smooth but I love the snap back on the wrist breaker profile. Could you tell me what to change if possible in the smooth profile to keep road feel the same but increase that snap back which I find so useful/enjoyable when chucking the old cars into a turn side ways.
Thanks

Last edited:
Drifting the Ferrari 512M around Silverstone Classic feels incredible as I can feel the tire grip limit and catch oversteer quite easily and getting on and off the throttle quickly I can notice much more of what the tire is doing and feel the weight thru the AF wheel brilliantly ... much fun !!! :D
Yes, this ffb does this very well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back