ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version

Misc ULTIMATE Custom FFB - NEW update V5 The definitive version V5

Login or Register an account to download this content
hvaillancourt89 submitted a new resource:

ULTIMATE Custom FFB 1.0 - The very perfect custom FFB that solves every ffb issues with any wheel

My take to balance the FFB in this amazing simulator.

Simply perfect, try it.

Start with Gain 100, volume 40, tone 50, Fx 30. Then adjust depending on the car and preferences. Turn down to 0 any dampening or spring effects on the wheel interface if available and set your wheel to your regular tastes (100 strenght is recommended if not DD)

The FFB can be quite heavy so DD wheels users beware.

Replace the ffb_custom_settings file by this one renaming it as such.

Enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

EDIT: DD users should set FX=0 in-game to get rid of most of the crunchy FFB. There's still some in there, though.

You might have something here but the Engine vibration is destroying the ffb for me and I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable it cleanly in your ffb txt.

In the meantime, you should try the Jack Spade "ffb_custom_settings – stan lo comp DD SopDiff.txt" file with these settings I've been tuning on the Ginettas:

ffb_custom_settings – stan lo comp DD SopDiff.txt: In-game Gain 100%, Volume 70%, Tone: 79%, FX 0%, SimCommander Reset to Defaults, Wheel Mode High, Engine RPMs Disabled, Game Force Feedback Smoothing 88.63%, set AccuForce Friction 3.14%.

Ignore the SimCommander settings if you don't have an AccuForce.

Last edited:
hvaillancourt89 updated ULTIMATE Custom FFB 1.0 with a new update entry:

Ultimate Custom FFB 2.0

- I removed a brake/abs weird effect that was causing constant distortion in the ffb and an awkward feeling when abs kicked in. It's much better without it.
- The rest is pretty much fine tuning on some values to balance all forces towards the best natural feeling possible.
- This time there is only one file since it is so easy to adjust the ENGINE VIBRATIONS VALUES to suit your tastes within the file; simply open the text file and scroll down, you'll spot it... I believe in you.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The settings are awesome. The only problem im having is with kerbs. Even if i put FX on 0 the wheel rattles like crazy ( same happens on rally cross when im on the dirt ). Is there any value on the file i can modify to reduce the rattling from kerbs? thanks!

hvaillancourt89 updated ULTIMATE Custom FFB 2.1 (!UPDATED!) with a new update entry:

Update 3.0 with 3 new files!!!

Final version just for you guys. There are 3 slightly different files now: Pure feel, Comfortable feel and Smoother feel.

This is to accommodate all wheels and different tastes. The name describes the feel differences pretty clearly. Even though you can use any file depending on which you prefer the Smoother should be the best bet for direct drive users.

I use Pure feel on my TM TX. Try them and let me know your favorite!

Copy any file in Documents/project cars 2 and rename the FFB...

Read the rest of this update entry...

EDIT: DD users should set FX=0 in-game to get rid of most of the crunchy FFB. There's still some in there, though.

You might have something here but the Engine vibration is destroying the ffb for me and I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable it cleanly in your ffb txt.

In the meantime, you should try the Jack Spade "ffb_custom_settings – stan lo comp DD SopDiff.txt" file with these settings I've been tuning on the Ginettas:

ffb_custom_settings – stan lo comp DD SopDiff.txt: In-game Gain 100%, Volume 70%, Tone: 79%, FX 0%, SimCommander Reset to Defaults, Wheel Mode High, Engine RPMs Disabled, Game Force Feedback Smoothing 88.63%, set AccuForce Friction 3.14%.

Ignore the SimCommander settings if you don't have an AccuForce.

Give a try to the new smoother file and for the engine vibrations, you can always delete the lines all together and the effect will vanish!!

sadly the rattle is still there even with the new files :( i also tried changing road scale to the value you said but it didnt work, i even lowered to 0.00001 with no difference.

sadly the rattle is still there even with the new files :( i also tried changing road scale to the value you said but it didnt work, i even lowered to 0.00001 with no difference.
Well you're still going to feel stuff... It's intended to. You've put on the smoother file? with Fx to 0 it is veeeeeerryyy smooth on my Thrusmaster, way to smooth for my tastes. At this point lower the other effects if you really want none. The ones under road scale > bump scale and tire scrub.

Before that make sure you tried a lower volume AND TONE 40>

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing