Resource icon

MGP15 Ultimate 2015 Physics Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
and here is the 2nd video, having Dovi and I forget who else is in the way at some point and yet clock in at 1:54.9xx shows I could have been substantially faster without traffic and quite possibly beat my 1:54.5. So, even though we were not able to release our final versions (yet), in terms of user bike behavior, how every bike acts differently and each one has their own characteristics just like the bikes differ in reality this mod is still the reference by a long shot. No other mod has replicated nor been able to even locate certain physics values that Jan has tweaked here. These values remained unchanged in these mods and it clearly shows in the end result.
To have an amazingly realistic 2016 Championship experience I would suggest the following:

- study the videos, start to think of this as a bike simulator instead of an arcade game
- cannot stress enough that you have to spent at least 10 minutes on your setup for each track and always go harder suspension for Race than Quali
- download the beautiful liveries that will be available soon as we saw in W.I.P. section to match 2016 liveries
- download the fully updated 2016 grid for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 which has been available for some time and also install the update pack which will be included in this mod to get latest rider lineup for all 3 classes, team strength adjustments for MotoGP and team name adjustments for Moto2 and Moto3 as well as new rider pics to match 2016 for all three classes.

And for all haters - once again, there is only a problem with your ability to ride the bikes NOT the shifting. The newly posted videos clear as day show how beautiful and realistic this mod is when used by skilled gamers :)

Video #2

Last edited:
rkh updated Ultimate 2015 Physics Mod with a new update entry:

2016 Season Tweaks

If you download the upcoming 2016 liveries as seen in W.I.P. thread, the 2016 grid update which actually includes updates for it in this mod and this physics mod 2.0 you will have the closest to reality with what Milestone gave us.

Installation:

- extract DATA.MIX, MENU.MIX and GFXPAK.MIX from your main MotoGP directory
- overwrite the files in their respective folders with my new files. i.e. the menu file "db.zts" goes in your MENU/TEXT/ and then whatever language you are using....

Read the rest of this update entry...

use mixfile remixer to EXTRACT your DATA.MIX file from your main MotoGP15 folder. Once extracted, you should have a folder named DATA on your desktop (that is where I would extract it to). Then you overwrite that DATA folder with the DATA folder that includes DRY WEATHER log. Once overwritten, use mixfile remixer to repack that DATA folder on your desktop and select path to overwrite the original DATA.MIX in you MotoGP main folder. Make sure to select correct mix format SBK-X/V8. Restart the game and there you go. Use the Wet Weather DATA.MIX in case of rain and vice versa.

Hey there rkh,
may I ask you for an advice?

1) I have unzipped the 2016 Ultimate Physics
2) have extracted the DATA.mix from the game folder into the folder "A" via the Mixfile
3) Then I have rewritten the extracted DATA in the "A" folder for the new "2016 Ultimate..." DATA files (copy - paste)
4) Then created a new mix file from the "A" into the game folder

The game freezes on the black screen at the very beginning.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for an answer

Hey there rkh,
may I ask you for an advice?

1) I have unzipped the 2016 Ultimate Physics
2) have extracted the DATA.mix from the game folder into the folder "A" via the Mixfile
3) Then I have rewritten the extracted DATA in the "A" folder for the new "2016 Ultimate..." DATA files (copy - paste)
4) Then created a new mix file from the "A" into the game folder

The game freezes on the black screen at the very beginning.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for an answer
Hi there! First of, thanks for trying our mod. Here is what you do, I will go as detailed as possible.

1. Download and extract our mod ( I have all my game downloads on drive D:\DOWNLOADS\GAMES ). Our Physics Update 2.0 download contains three root folders within - DATA, GFXPAK and MENU

2. Now extract the DATA.MIX from your MAIN MOTOGP folder onto your desktop (for me that is D:\steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP2015
a) You will now have this DATA folder on your desktop
b) open the DB folder within the DATA folder and overwrite db_pilots and db_teams with my files or simply open DATA folder and overwrite DB folder with my DB folder. You will find my db_pilots and db_teams files within 2016 Ultimate Physics Ver 2.0\DATA\DB. I always have the files within the same folders where they actually go in the game. Cannot miss that.
b) now open the PHYSICS folder within the DATA folder where you'll see a TYRES and VEHICLES folder which you will overwrite with my TYRES and VEHICLES folder
c) within the DATA folder there is also a VEHICLE and AI folder. Overwrite the AIDIFFICULTIES and SKILLSCATALOG files with mine. Since this is Qatar, the AIDIFFICULTIES file is located here: 2016 Ultimate Physics Ver 2.0\DATA\ VEHICLES\AI\Qatar-MotoGP AI and I overwrite DATA\ VEHICLES\AI\AIDIFFICULTIES.BML and DATA\ VEHICLES\AI\SKILLSCATALOG.BML respectively.
d) Repack the DATA.MIX from your desktop (it now has all the new files) and make sure mixfile format is set to SBK-X/V8 designating it to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP15\***.MIX where the "**" symbol depicts the GFXPAK, MENU and DATA respectively.

5. Now extract GFXPAK.MIX from your MAIN MOTOGP folder onto your desktop

6. Overwrite PICTURES, PILOTNUM, PILOTNUMSMALL folder within the GFXPAK folder with my PICTURES, PILOTNUM and PILOTSMALL folder
a) Repack GFXPAK.MIX from your desktop designating it to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP15\***.MIX where the "**" symbol depicts the GFXPAK, MENU and DATA respectively.

7. Extract MENU.MIX from your MAIN MOTGP folder onto your desktop
a) The db.zts file within my MENU\TEXT\USENGLISH folder needs to go here: MENU\TEXT\YOUR LANGUAGE. If you play in German that would be MENU\TEXT\GERMAN. So, you would drop the db.zts in that folder.
b) Repack the MENU.MIX

Make sure to use mixfile remixer as Administrator and for me since I extract all files to my desktop this would be the root folder: C:\Users\****\Desktop\DATA (where the "*" symbol reflect your username) and the new mixfile path is: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MotoGP15\***.MIX where the "**" symbol depicts the GFXPAK, MENU and DATA respectively.

Hope this works for you now.

Last edited:
Physic mod is perfect, much better gear ratios now.
I only have problem with 2016 season mod: not every photo, name and nationality match with the correct rider.
Ok, let me double check. Ideal way is to download the 2016 grid update first and then the pics from this update. But, I will look into it. Thanks again!!

The thing that bothers me the most aout this game is 2nd gear. From 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd bikes shake a lot, no matter what you do, it makes no sense. Bikes do not behave like that. it's an unnecessary addon.

Mod is great though, maybe there is a way to tweak this behaviour?

The thing that bothers me the most aout this game is 2nd gear. From 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd bikes shake a lot, no matter what you do, it makes no sense. Bikes do not behave like that. it's an unnecessary addon.

Mod is great though, maybe there is a way to tweak this behaviour?

Reducing the bike's torque helps a lot but the result is less top speed.
rkh claims as a "complain about our skills", but the truth is not there.
Default DATA.MIX hasn't this issue, so I believe rkh make it as a "feature", but it's not: real motogp bikes have a really complex ECU software that prevents wheel spin, even partially, and the seamless gearbox puts the shifting on a new level.

Definitively: riders don't release throttle during any gear changes.

I thought default game had the same problem? Don't remember to be honest..It's been long since I played it with default physics

I thought default game had the same problem? Don't remember to be honest..It's been long since I played it with default physics

I kept the original DATA.MIX in a separate folder cause it's useful to edit my Fine-tuning MOD.
Yesterday I've done just a lap around Losail in a factory Honda with stock data: 1.52.6xx. (4 seconds faster than modded game)
Crazy setup. Mods make this game much more fun and challenging.

I prefer a smoother way to do it, rkh makes his own way to edit the game but both of us have the same porpouse: challenge and fun.

Good job rkh, keep up.

One "problem" with this mod: Silverstone, I got pole in the dry. Race in the wet, I switched to the wet tyrescatalog.bml but I was lapping 2.07s while top guys where 2.04/05s ...was getting raped even by aprilia on the straight for somereason. I tweaked the params for the wet tyres, I'll give you feedback next time I'm on wet

One "problem" with this mod: Silverstone, I got pole in the dry. Race in the wet, I switched to the wet tyrescatalog.bml but I was lapping 2.07s while top guys where 2.04/05s ...was getting raped even by aprilia on the straight for somereason. I tweaked the params for the wet tyres, I'll give you feedback next time I'm on wet
THIS UPDATE IS ONLY QATAR!!!!!! Said that sooo many times!!! I said I am releasing a data.mix for each track. This is the first one. Of course this will not work in Silverstone!! It will work for Argentina (as it appears from early testing) and Austin needs major tweaking already.

I am sorry, I tried to explain, but when people simply do not read or pay attention, I get so frustrated?? I apologize for being upset.

For the last time - I will re-explain once more...Just give me a minute to cool off. Apologies once again!!

Last edited:
1. regarding tyres
a) in this 2.0 update I only included dry tyre catalog file, because the wet tyre is file is already present in previous release
b) absolutely feel free to make parameter adjustments and let's compare

2. Track specific AI updates was the goal, so I started with Qatar. Rest will follow later.

3. Let's compare all other notes and work closer as a team, but let's avoid unnecessary issues by not paying attention etc. let's make sure to be all on the same page!!

4. The mod as shown in the videos is supposed to work with all new liveries, my 2016 grid updates and finally this physics update.

I made an app to read in a more friendly way the BML file:
open_BML.png

Copare Files:
open_BML.png

Download: http://www.filedropper.com/openbml_1

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline