Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Information

Please read this additional information carefully before you join us, as it could save you some significant frustration! Make sure you read it for each event as it will be updated as time goes on.

1) When signing up you must post your Steam ID, so that we know who is who.​
2) The Golden Rule. If you disadvantage another driver, you must wait and allow them back past you, even if this means losing further positions. Failure to do so will result in an instant 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment. If in doubt, just wait!​
3) When the qualifying session ends the results are displayed. DO NOT click the Exit button! Doing so will take you back to the main menu without any confirmation, and you will not be able to re-join in time to enter the race.​
4) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race in which you can change your fuel and setup. The race will start when all drivers have confirmed they are ready, or when the timer ends. If you do not confirm before the timer reaches zero, you will be automatically DQ'd from the race!​
5) If the event uses a two race format, everyone will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two. This is because AMS 2 does not currently support a proper two race format.​
6) Do not use shadows as brake markers... the time (and therefore sun position) advances throughout each session!​

Discord
There have been reports from a number of people that they have been unable to join the voice channels on the RaceDepartment Discord server. Only Premium members can access these channels. If you are already Premium and are still having problems, please try the following:

1) Check that your RD forum account is associated with your Discord account. To do so, click here.​
2) If your accounts are already associated, try disassociating them, and then associating them again.​
3) Make sure you are using the Discord account that is associated with your RD forum account!​
If you try all the above and are still having issues, please click here to contact Bram via PM. He'll be able to look further into the problem, as I'm simply not involved with RD's Discord implementation myself.

Last edited:
I'd like to join please, but I'm not entirely sure if I'll stay the distance, as I'm getting the odd freeze now & again. If it's bad during the session I'd sooner leave than ruin someones race.

Sorry for the DQ guys... With a small grid thought I could finally get a podium since a while ago. First time playing this sim in RD club and just started playing a couple days since last week.

For some reason, the game didn't recognize pit limiter. I'm so used to flooring the gas knowing the limiter is on. My sli pro even shows limiter is on.... But just couldn't remember to manage my speed in pits and got dq. Shame as I was actually one of the quick guys for once lol... Hopefully more Friday events, but can only join bi-weekly due to work schedule

I made a big booby.. I didn't do any race-runs so when I fuelled up for 26laps and changed to hard tyres I couldn't drive the thing at pace. I tried to get some rythm but in last place but the killer was driving without a fan! I just got too hot and uncomfy.

Nine drivers signed up, just four actually bother to cross the line. What a waste of time. For those of you who haven't read our rules:
When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finishing the entire race.

Seriously, I give up my evenings to run these events. If people aren't even going to have the respect to show up and finish what they've signed up for, then I simply won't bother.

It's nothing to do with a lack of respect, everyone here appreciates you taking the time to set these races up but not every car is going to provide enjoyment for everyone.

Apologies though, I'll try to be more precautious in future.

Well, this will be my first online race with this SIM. So you have been warned. I was planning on joining the last event, but I didn't feel comfortable enough with the SIM.
But over the coming week, I'm sure I will get a few hours in and get things set up correctly.
So please Ross sign me up I'll give it a go.

It's nothing to do with a lack of respect, everyone here appreciates you taking the time to set these races up but not every car is going to provide enjoyment for everyone.
It's everything to do with respect, not for me personally but for your fellow drivers. Nobody enjoys a race when only the podium bother to actually finish, so by quitting people are ruining it for everyone. It's one of the reasons we have the above rule, a rule you all agree to by signing up.

Outside of DQs, terminal damage (which is disabled), or technical issues, there are no excuses as far as I'm concerned. I was incredibly hot and uncomfortable, especially in VR. My hands were so sweat-soaked that I was having genuine issues gripping the wheel and controlling the car for half the race, which cost me both lap time and the lead. Safe to say it affected my enjoyment pretty negatively, yet I still finished.

There's also a whole week to test the cars to see if you like them or not, and you have right up to an hour before the event to sign out if you don't. The reason we have an hour cut off is so that if the grid is too small I can cancel, and we can all go do something else with our evenings instead of wasting our time in a forty minute four horse race.

Good morning all good morning Ross I'm wondering if you can get the server up and running, as soon as you can. Need the figure out if there are any environment differences. Not that it would make any difference at this stage, but can you supply ask with the time I'm on the track of the event, practice, qualifying, and race. So I can match up the different environments and see what car alterations need to be made between these environments if any I hope not.
I am also having a horrible time getting three-way tyre temperatures. I have even tried sim hub with Phihm Dash 7+ which is supposed to have three-way temperatures and does but for some reason the game will not allow it. Worked the first time but now the game is preventing it from working anything above single temperature per wheel. I know about the telemetry, and the temperatures are displayed, but this is hardly practical. I also know in-game going back to the pits or setup menu the three-way temperatures despite them being on display which I'm sure you're all aware.
Any help of any kind to retrieve these temperatures in a reasonable fashion would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to worry about losing any run that you may have on the podium @Goffik well not right just yet. Besides, you're not exactly a slouch yourself, in my opinion. As I know for a fact, you are quicker by the end of the race, and in some cases, you end up being faster than your qualifying time as do most people who haven't got the time for practice. 50% or one of two races is practice. Two hours including event practice time, in my opinion, makes all the difference.
Not because I'm an old man that disregard real life as a wast of time and finds my fun life is somewhat more important or anything like that but I must have the time for my hot lapping and practising and if somebody's become a hindrance to my fun, therefore, needs to be whacked. :thumbsup: Not that I take my racing seriously but my pleasure I do.:cool:

And besides, you have forgotten one thing your consistency is much better than mine as is most people's. But good news though I've been working on my consistency and I have noticed a noticeable improvement. :laugh:

Last edited:
I can imagine how Calvin practicing for a championship race if so precisely make it for club race :D
Calvin could You borrow me a few hours from Yours? :roflmao:
I wanna be a time millionaire! lol
Well I can only say Balass I don't know who this Calvin is, but I do know he's a bloody nice guy. Willing help out anybody at any time. I would have thought he would practice equally either is a championship, league or club race.:geek: And if he's anything like me, he hasn't got any time to spare. And I feel sure he likes being a time millionaire but as we all know there was always going to be a time billionaire. :( :laugh:

As well as help on the tyre temperature situation, I was wondering if there are any settings of any kind that really should be altered. Or certainties of preferences. And links of suggestions and advice.
Yeah I know I can look for myself, but I haven't got the time to wade through all the waffle, nonsense, contradiction and at times off-topic.
I think there should be more pinning on posts that stand out on points of interest of that topic or something like a searching function.:roflmao: Quicker to Google.;):D

What I have figured out is triple screen setup, graphics settings, fov, ffb with ongoing alterations. The better the ffb the better the car setup. Running Fanatec 2.5 McLaren wheel any tip?:notworthy:

I'm a very lazy newbie who is Just looking for the quickest head start I can on everything else which is probably not much.:whistling: Well, I am anxious to make sure everything is as it should be before I start tampering with car setups.

One thing it's just popped into my head. I'm having issues with "The HUD(s)". Just crazy someone must know of something better than that? or how to get best out of it.

Button binding for the love of being time millionaire I've got no idea what's going on here. No dater flipping, sim hub or car dashes for despite nominating a button to carry out this function for instance. Annoying and I most considering it as a problem at the moment.

I know the sim is new, and me but still, I am impressed so far and I liking it a lot.

I suppose I better do some that beneath me searching of my own. I know Rome wasn't built in a day.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back