UK TV coverage

I agree Ross, the loss of the BBC team is the worst, least talked about facet, of this whole issue.
Of course, they may share personnel or strike some other kind of deal, but it's unlikely.

Highly doubt it, Jake works for the BBC, not just in F1.. I'm unsure about DC and Eddie etc. though - there's hope as yet!

Oh man!, what timing, just had a SkyTV Salesmen knocking on my door, I thought ALL Salesmen knew not to come here, I have a habit of inviting them in and wasting their time for an hour or so by using Mickey Mouse as my name etc, my wife keeps telling me off for this so today I just explained he has very bad judgment actually knocking on my door on any day let alone today, I'm sure he will pass my message on to his bosses once he censors it and removes the bits about shoving it somewhere requiring copious amounts of lubrication!

Sky Sports want to get rid of Martin Brundle which imo is as wrong as if the BBC or ITV had ever have got rid of Murray Walker, Brundle has been part of F1 since i started watching it and just wouldnt be the same without him and personally i think the current team in Jake Humphreys, DC, Eddie Jordan and Brundle works really well even if Eddie Jordan doesnt know when to shut his trap.

sky are showing all the sessions i don't know whats wrong if you truly love f1 you would pay for it and if you just like it then watch the hilights
hahah you idiot, you seriously don't get this do you?

People like myself many of us infact .... cannot get Sky either because the dishes are BANNED or we're with another TV/Internet Provider.... as much as we love F1 we ain't willing to change our provider's just for one sport, we ain't willing to pay alot of money to watch F1 Race's when that money is already tied up with our Rent/Gas/Water Bills.... what is the point of watching the highlights? you miss 99% of the F1 Coverage.

Think before you post next time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14344243.stm there you go f1 had to get rid of f1 for financial reasons so this petition won't mean a thing as they can't afford it

They are only saving £16.5m from this and its from a £45m-50m Contract so they are still spending well over half of the costs. They spent a couple of hundred million on a new HQ in greater manchester, and they plan to put 2000 Hours worth of Olympics in 2012 showing every sport on TV and thats for an event that takes place once every couple of years.

They've bungled this whole thing. They started out taking us for idiots by trying to put a positive spin on it. Now they've seen the huge 'reaction' they've started to level with the fans.

They should have been honest from the get go and said: The BBC can't afford full live F1 anymore so Bernie has done a deal with sky but rather than walk away we've done what we could and kept what we can.

Problem is that puts the fans anger on Bernies shoulders and I bet they got a price cut for trying to take to heat off him.

to be honest you kinda knew this was gonna happen one day, i am silghtly dissapointed that half the races are on the beeb but im a sky subscriber so dosent realy matter, what im mainly intrested in is what sky can bring to the table in their coverage. maybe one day (even a long shot) formula 1 will be broadcast in 3D (will Probly Never happen)

Apparently there were other free to air broadcasters interested in the coverage, why didn't they get a look in? It makes me sick that BBC are doing this (plus everything else) and yet they fork out around £80 million to show two weeks of Wimbledon. Is tennis the world's third most watched sport?!

Just read that if the BBC hadn't of got into bed with SKY, another free to air channel could have taken the rights. Channel 4 were interested. So by doing this deal, the BBC have actually screwed us more than if they just got rid of F1 altogether

Mr. Murdoch? We have a situation. Fans are up in arms about F1 moving to Sky Sports and they've started a petition...
But Not just any petition...

An online petition."

pictures200911122035345.png

There is some very inflamatory remarks in this thread so please keep it civil. I too am fed up wtih this as much as many here. Why some now feel its justified to call each other stupid and such like i will never know.

Anyway i said before i will not watch F1 next season and i like some maybe do mean it. I have not missed 1 not 1 race for 40 years but i feel i do not want to see 1/2 of the season. Highlights are normaly very short and ultimatley crap so i fail to see the point. As other have said you have to turn off twitter/ facebook, tv, radio, and not speak to your friends so you can watch a mediocre highlights at some stupid time in the day after it has happened.

Have anyone of you really thought about what we are actually going to be able to see?. BBC will have Monaco which is a snore fest on the best of days, Valencia? Anything that means you get up early in the morning to watch?. Sky will have all the perals i bet like the euro GPs and our home Gp silverstone.

So ok you can all pay what turns out to be £400 plus a year just to watch sky who have never be able to provide good coverage of sport yet ever i personaly will not. Thats my choice and it does not make me tight or stupid it makes me feel like at least i have not been taken advantage of. Thats me however if you want to pay for sky good on you and it doesnt make you dumb its your choice.

Now please lets have a balanced chat here with no more name calling

Ther is nothing to talk about any more the deal has been done. It does not matter what we do its going on as we speak and thats that.

The old git has said as much that if the BBC did not do this deal and pulled out at the end of the year then sky would have got the deal any way. its the same thing with sky all the time if they cant get what they want they buy out all others who can look at living tv virgin 1they wanted the shows that had on and could not get the contracts for the shows so the went and did a buy out of the channels insted.

its the end of a f1 love affair for me I will never forgive them for what they have done

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back