UK TV coverage

Looks liike from next season F1 will be split between BBC and Sky sports. think there will be alot of angry people because of this but personally doesnt affect me as i already subscribe but would prefer it just stayed on the beeb as i do enjoy their coverage and dont think you could beat martin and dc for comentary (unless of course you got the ledgend Murray Walker back)

Wow! What a back track from Bernie.
"F1 must stay on the BBC"

I'm lucky, I get Sky sports. But this just isn't fair.
I'm hoping Sky have agreed a commercial arrangement that means they don't have to have advert breaks, as this would ruin the race weekend for a lot of people.

Very very unfair!

So much for Bernie saying it will stay with a "free to air" TV supplier. I cant get Sky, grade 2 listed building, sattelite dish not allowed. So for the next 6 years I can only watch half the races.

Highlights just suck.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports,said: "This is fantastic news for F1 fans and Sky Sports will be the only place to follow every race live and in HD."

how is that good news for F1 fans? Good news for Sky cuz they will get a few more subscribers. Not good news for F1 fans cuz many now will simply not be able to watch it! Like what happened when Sky got the football rights. My team has only ever been shown once on Sky since they got the rights! As a result I have lost interest in football.

RIP F1. :(

AAARRRGHHH
I think I should censor my reply before the mods do, and then ban me.
@~"%*%^&£$"*£(£"!"~@:mad::~@~:~<LDGSKJLOPQ|?>><>?=-=$!!!
don't worry im with you on that..... i mean WTF is he thinking?

as much as i love F1 i am not prepared like many others to go to Sky, i was with them before and they suck.... Sky + Adverts? no thank you, BAD news for F1 not good news....

R.I.P F1 i won't be watching this anymore after this Season.

BTW: Martin Brundel is now out of Contract because of this, whether he will be in the next season commentating we're see?(well i won't)

EDIT: ... Sky has said there won't be Adverts on F1.... BBC & Sky will Broadcast in HD.

BBC will broadcast half the season while Sky will Broadcast the whole season..... BBC Showing Monaco, SilverStone & Sao Paulo.

People are showing their rage on Twitter about this new Deal!

Well that my F1 watching gone after 40 years of watching it. I refuse to pay sky their unrealistic prices for sky sports just so i can watch F1 its just not gonna hapen. I wont watch half of them becuase it will just spoil it for me more.

BBC will still be showing highlights of the rounds they don't carry.
So, if you won't go to Sky, you can still watch the whole season - albeit in a somewhat reduced fashion.
Yes, it sucks, but you _can_ still watch it.

No point in watching highlights as you already know the results unles you walk around all weekend with your eyes shut & fingers in your ears. Highlights dont get the excitement of the race weekend. 30 mins of highlights for a whole weekends racing... time to move on to a different sport if we cant watch it all.

May as well ditch it completely , put our TV license down, & replay the 1992 season instead.

As I said, highlights aren't ideal - but it's pretty easy to avoid the result on Sunday until you've seen the highlights.

Basically, since BBC originally lost the coverage to ITV, we've had to suck up whatever we get served.
Welcome to your new dinner.

For anyone to say they're not going to watch F1 any more, it's just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I'm not saying that, I will be looking for an internet stream, but if I cant see them all live, I will rapidly lose interest. I'm not 1 for following stuff in detail ie reading up on lots of websites etc... I know it wasnt aimed specifically at me. It was bad enough when it went to ITV. This is just the worst news possible re F1. Perhaps the good peeps in charge of RD can get a live stream for next year :)

Well I just unfollowed @Formula1_com on twitter to register my disgust

Ecclestone speaking to the BBC: "It's super for F1. It will mean a lot more coverage for the sport... We get the best of both worlds."... what a load of tosh. F1 gets less coverage, many F1 fans will lose out, Sky get more subscribers & more money

Today my vocabulary has words that this board would sensor every single one. Alas time has come to stop the sweating profusely during the start and excited like a kid.

I am so peed off I want to smash Ecclestone face in. How the hell can they do this to us. I have been watching f1 for the best part of 30 years. my Mrs has said that she will not let get sky sports so that is me fooked good bye f1.

And thanks so much to th teams that said about 6 weeks ago that they would not race if it went to sky sports, so then teams how much money did sky give you all as a back hander to sign up top what they want.

Ecclestone is bad news for f1 all he wants is money its not about the sport any more.

i don't think this is too bad for f1 i mean sky normally do a good job on their sports and sky have said that there would be no advert during the race so its not too bad but i do hope they don't appoint tony jardine to be the host he just don't get me exited about what s happening maybe its his voice

As I've posted over on the Sky forums:

As much as I hate the news, I could just about live with having to pay to watch F1, however I do not want to have to pay for a full Sky Sports subscription just to watch 20 weekends of events, knowing that most of my money is going to the 'Overpaid Pig Bladder Kicking Brigade'.

Perhaps a middleground of paying only for the weekends we can't watch for the price of our license fee? It's the only time I'd ever watch Sky Sports.

mmm will you get to watch all the practise sessions & stuff tho. Already half the peeps that used to watch it wont be able to watch it. What channel will it be on? will it keep swapping channels so you have to subscribe to more than 1? This is good for Sky, cant say as I blame them, but bad for F1.

...knowing that most of my money is going to the 'Overpaid Pig Bladder Kicking Brigade'...

I was going to put something like that, but I thought it would make sound like Im whinging too much. Totally agree.

does this mean we have to put up with the morons "in the studio" like you do before every indycar and nascar race that sky sports show, with 2 supposed experts that actually know naf all about the sport they're talking about. If they change the commentary team etc. then goodbye from me because it will be crap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back