Sell [UK] - SFX-100 Motion Platform + Extras

Hi all,

For sale is a complete and fully working SFX-100 motion platform with a few extras. Simply bolt onto your rig, set up the software and it's ready to go.

This is an extremely reluctant sale for me. Earlier in the year I had to sell off all my sim racing gear due to the pandemic and job security issues, but kept hold of the SFX just in case I could ever get back into it as I had put so much time and effort into building it. It is now not looking likely that I'll be able to get a rig that can accommodate motion anytime soon so unfortunately need to sell.

It was fully built to spec back in May 2019 and served me well with no issues up until I had to sell my stuff back in April this year. It is a fantastic, powerful and versatile system and want it to go to someone who can fully enjoy it and get the most use out of it.

The listing contains all you need to get going, only thing missing is brackets to bolt it onto your rig as I gave these away by accident when I sold my P1-X. I used the corner brackets sim lab give you with their rigs and they worked perfectly. Included in the listing is the SFX shield control board which simplifies the wiring and connections, E-Stop button, server cabinet enclosure for the servo drivers (with space for one more servo driver in case you want to add a belt tensioner or traction loss later down the line), all cables and 6 x 3D Printed feet (two extra ones that allow for passive belt tensioning on the rear actuators).

Finally, the last included item is an aluminium extrusion frame with 3D printed feet that you rig and actuators fit into that stops the rig moving slightly across the room during moments of heavy motion. Depending on your floor set up the actuators can slightly move the rig across the floor a few mm during heavy motion. Having the actuators in this under frame stops that. The extrusion was originally grey but painted black by myself.

The extrusion profiles on the actuators themselves have some marks/scratches on them and this is reflected in the price. I originally had the extrusion painted black to match my rig, but from being mounted & moved on the rig this started to chip off so decided to remove the paint. I unfortunately used the wrong method which lead to marks on the extrusion as can be seen in the photos.

The software to use the system is a free download for the basic mode, whilst the expert mode which allows further tweaking needs a donation. I understand this now requires a sponsor from within the community, I can help with this if any issues arise. The actuators can also be used with other software such as Simtools but a different controller is required and is not included in this listing.

Photos of everything can be found in the below shared album, including videos of the system working:

SFX Photo & Video Album

Apologies for the essay but wanted to list as much detail as possible for anyone interested. I would ask that any potential buyers research into the system and understand what it can and can't do, how to use it and also how it works. It is a DIY system and all parts can be easily and readily replaced, knowledge of how to do so yourself is highly recommended.

I am asking for £1750 for everything. I think this is a fair price considering all of the work/research to build has been done, comes with extras but has some cosmetic blemishes. Payment via bank transfer or PayPal Friends and Family.

Collection only from Buckhurst Hill, Essex.

20201122_115442r.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back