Sell (UK only) Aluminium Button Box

Some back story before I get to the item in question.

This was originally manufactured by Ignition Controls and used a Lenovo keyboard controller PCB for all of it's functions. That wasn't ideal for me as it emulated my main keyboard. Also, two of the rocker switches were inoperative.

I recently decided swap out that original board out for a Leo Bodnar BBI-32 which means it's now recognised as a button box instead of a secondary keyboard. I also replaced the two rocker switches mentioned above with CTS 288 rotary encoders which restored it back to full functionality. While it was apart, I decided to sandblast the faceplate which removed the original, black powder coat finish and give it a matt aluminium look.

Long story short, it's aluminium enclosure with a Bodnar BBI-32 board :)

01 Top.jpg
02 Side.jpg

There are 4x M4 threaded inserts pressed into the case. They are supposed to be Vesa standard 75x75mm but the actual spacing and measurements aren't uniform as shown in the next few pictures. I think this might possibly be due to it being produced in the early days of Ignition Controls.

I used a mounting bracket from Motedis to get it attached to my rig but had to drill fresh holes into it so that it would match up.

IMG_20200420_224315 (1).jpg

IMG_20200420_224402 (1).jpg

03 Back.jpg

A look inside during the swap over. Please note that the rocker switch on the lowest row is no longer rotated 90 degrees as in this picture. It felt strange so I decided to bring it back into line with the others on the row. I also made the mistake of wiring the two encoders in an incorrect order. I realised this after building and went back in to make the required changes. They are now in the correct places on the board and work just as they should.

05 Internals.jpg

There are some small marks on the faceplate. I've tried to get in close so you can see them more clearly.

04 Flaws.jpg

Some idea of the size when attached to a rig

20200407_170945.jpg

Finally, some pics of how it originally looked before the modifications above and not how it looks now. Do not buy if you prefer the faceplate in the original black! :roflmao:

06 Original Top.jpg07 Original Internals.jpg

Asking for £60 PayPal gift, inclusive of postage via TNT.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back