UFO Discussion

Pretty interesting clips here Hampus. It makes me think a bit more about things. I'm not too impressed with the "Arrival 2011" clip. It's too overdone ala Hollywood style with the movie like writing and the music. Kinda felt like i was watching a trailer for V the Series.

I have worked around aircraft with the military for around 10 years now. I will never forget what my instructor told us during training. He said something along the lines of "At some point in your career your going to see things in the sky that you can't explain. It is best if you just ignore it and continue with your work without mentioning it."

Last year was the first time I have ever seen UFOs. Nick Rowland, another member of RD, was visiting from England and one night we (along with the mayor of my town and a university professor) spotted a strange orange orb that I at first thought was a chinese lantern. However, it was at considerable altitude and was traveling fast. It seemed to have this strange shimmering effect to it that I had finally just decided was more than likely aircraft lights. I can't emphasize enough how bright and orange this thing was. After it disappeared we started moving back to our car when a second one appeared at a very low altitude. It was clear that whatever I thought was aircraft lights was clearly not aircraft lights. It was hard for my mind to comprehend what I was seeing because it seemed like something you would see in a CGI movie. The center of this bright orange orb like craft seemed to have a smaller orange orb within it that kept changing shape. Words really can't explain it. This object produced no sound whatsoever and began to pick up considerable speed and caught up with the first craft which was all of a sudden visible again. A third object came into view and joined the other two and they headed off eastward.

I don't think this was Alien technology in fact I think it was very much an experimental craft of some kind. My reasoning? The formation of these objects were a standard line fighter formation used in the USAF and the craft were following the same VOR navigation routes that other aircraft use. Plus, these objects were speeding off towards a nearby US Air Base (Scott AFB). This base also has a Boeing facility nearby where aircraft are built and tested at. Nick tried to film these objects using his iPhone but they just looked like tiny dots on his camera (very frustrating!). However, two different people from a town 15 miles away picked up these objects on their cameras..... one of them on the very same night of my encounter. So they definitely had to be traveling on a pre-planned route. In the second video you can hear the disbelief in the mans voice.. the camera doesn't do it justice but to the human eye it really makes you say "What the hell is that?!"

Since this encounter these objects have been spotted on 4 other occasions by many residents in the area. There are always at least three of this objects seen in each encounter.

A day in Omer´s world:

H - Hi Omer i bought a red car today!
O - yea right
H - yea i swear, here´s a clip
O - It´s probably blue....
H - No really it´s red, just watch the clip mate.
O - Ok then, "sorry for not having the proper knowledge about it..."
H - JUST WATCH THE VIDEO!

I believe one doesn't have to watch your videos to express their ideas about UFOs. But you are right, i did not watch the video.

I believe one doesn't have to watch your videos to express their ideas about UFOs. But you are right, i did not watch the video.
But that was not the case here. You talked about the video itself and the people saying "they don´t have proof...blablabala"
That was what i reacted on. It makes no sense to talk about a bunch of people if you haven´t seen the video.

Pretty interesting clips here Hampus. It makes me think a bit more about things. I'm not too impressed with the "Arrival 2011" clip. It's too overdone ala Hollywood style with the movie like writing and the music. Kinda felt like i was watching a trailer for V the Series.

Yea i think that was just a fan that gathered some videos to make a trailer for the UFO disclosure, he wants the Governments to finally stop this BS.
The video where something falls for the sky i cant really tell if it´s real or fake but the one with the sandstorm is without a doubt real. Looks like they are watching it.

Hmmmm UFO's....

I think 90% are just plain, normal things that are misunderstood and cause confusion. 9.9% are hoax's... But maybe, just maybe 0.1% may be something extra-terrestrial...

I work on the fact that its very simple minded to believe that earth is is the only planet in the universe that can support life! There are Billions of stars, each with many planets and moons, I somehow doubt we are alone! However, how many, if ANY can travel here?

Also, there have been some interesting 'jumps' in technology, where a less than linear evolution can be traced to the technology's in question, alien tech, reverse engineered??? Probably not...But...

The 'Stealth' fighters / bombers near radar resistant profile can be traced to Lockheeds 'skunk works' SR-71 , this design can be directly traced to the Nazi German Go 229 flying wing jet bomber of WWII. The Go 229 is another one of those less than linear evolutions, more so are some of the german supersonic bomber designs of WWII (Yes SUPERSONIC) These designs we tested both physically and in computer simulations many, many years later and were found to be viable and even advanced designs by the standards of the time tested (70's / 80's / 90's) Maybe it was just some German genius, maybe some reverse engineering again???

i doubt they ever will,since it was probably them learning to fly it..hehe

check out the ultra fast acceleration/deceleration at 0.18...personal favourite

About what he´s saying with travelling at the speed of light. There is a way to travel way way faster then the speed of light.
Bending space-time around you. It would need gigantic amounts of energy but if you know how to tap into "free-energy" then you have more or less unlimited resources of it.

In theory it´s possible.

The 'Stealth' fighters / bombers near radar resistant profile can be traced to Lockheeds 'skunk works' SR-71 , this design can be directly traced to the Nazi German Go 229 flying wing jet bomber of WWII. The Go 229 is another one of those less than linear evolutions, more so are some of the german supersonic bomber designs of WWII (Yes SUPERSONIC) These designs we tested both physically and in computer simulations many, many years later and were found to be viable and even advanced designs by the standards of the time tested (70's / 80's / 90's) Maybe it was just some German genius, maybe some reverse engineering again???

You forget one thing though. They all use air to keep them up in the air.
With anti-gravity you are tapping into an area where you can´t trace it to anything.

Sure they are more advanced but the basic principle of keeping the airplane in the air is exactly the same as the first airplane ever produced.
It´s just refinement really. While anti-gravity is totally different concept, same with the propulsion system.
Electro-magnetic vs dead plants = oil.

do i believe in UFO's ? yes , do i watch all these documentary's and listen to storys? no i hardly do.

why do i believe in UFO's ? Well, i'll say my story (no b**sh** here) , a few years ago (going back around 4-5 years) me and my dad we're chilling out on a hot summers night, my dad noticed a extremely bright light in the sky staying still,i told him it's a plane it's normal.... so i stayed with him and watched, but i noticed it didn't move, my neighbors we're also watching, this Circle light object in the sky was not moving at all, staying still (around 1-2 miles away) ... it stayed there for atleast 3-4 minutes and then suddenly it came extremely fast towards us and dissapeared.

i was confused and extremely baffled by what i saw, well we all we're, i couldn't figure it out, maybe it was a jet? (no, jet's can't hover(apart form the Harrier) and even then you would have heard the engines, it was dead silent... i questioned the event for a while and to this day i believe it was a ufo, nothing in this world could stay exactly still in mid air when there's strong wind then suddenly go from 0mph to atleast 450+ within 2 seconds.

It's possible that NASA has developed the technology for satellites to project a moving images into the sky and these images are interpreted by people believing they’ve seen an apparitions and/or UFOs. Due to the lack of other information about what's possible with projection technology, thrust in goverments/military and the preparation through hollywood sci-fi media nobody would think that it's a fraud.

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_08_1_vallee.pdf
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam

Added the 2nd part, for me the theory with holograms is more believable than real aliens. I messed a bit with astronomy when i was younger and the fact that there's no planet in lighttravelling distance to earth where life could be possible didn't change since then. We have to wait maybe a million years more until the radio frequencies we send to space get heared by any other superior liveform. It's more likely that we will be the aliens on other planet one day ;)

What do you mean by light travelling distance? 1 light year?

They say that there are billions of earth-planets in our galaxy so the chance of aliens existing is extremely high.
We have found several planets but we haven´t found life simply because of the reason that we can´t travel to it.

Hell we can´t even see planets from here, we see fluctuations of the star that the planet orbits.
It´s impossible to tell if there are life forms on those planets if you don´t actually travel to the planet itself.

radio frequencies haha that´s caveman style type of conversations. It would be like sending a text message to someone by taking a piece of rock and etch in the letters then send it down the mountain.

-

Milky Way has 2 billion earth like planets. 2 billion.... and we are one of them.
there are about 100 billion sun-like stars in our galaxy.
We have found (February 2011) 1.235 earth planets in our galaxy.
http://www.space.com/11188-alien-earths-planets-sun-stars.html

There may be 500,000 Earth-like planets in our galaxy alone
Yesterday’s announced discovery of Earth-like planet Kepler-22b brought with it renewed speculation over the possibility of life on other worlds. And while the news was exciting, there’s growing evidence that it’s only a drop in the bucket when it comes to finding habitable worlds in our cosmic neighbourhood, Yahoo News reports. Space.com has provided a handy guide to some of the 700 planets discovered by the Kepler telescope outside of our solar system. The findings include “Super-Earth” planets such as Kepler-22b and even possible “Water Worlds,” like the planet GJ 1214b, which may be covered in vast oceans of water. And outside this “habitable zone” are other interesting finds, including several “Rogue Planets” that orbit the Milky Way galaxy independently after they were ejected from their solar system. daily times monitor

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2011\12\08\story_8-12-2011_pg9_6

If we go by the last quote, Let´s assume only 10% of those holds a civilization.

That´s 50.000 different civilizations in our galaxy alone. If we take 10% of those and assume they are highly developed (more then us) you have 5.000 different "species" of aliens.

An extraordinary number even by counting extremely low on earth planets.

So the thought of that at the very least one of these 5.000 civilizations have noticed our planet and solar system should be fairly large considering we with our relatively low-tech equipment have found an incredible amount of planets ourselves.

I had to press the show ignored content button :eek:

So the thought of that at the very least one of these 5.000 civilizations have noticed our planet and solar system should be fairly large considering we with our relatively low-tech equipment have found an incredible amount of planets ourselves.

From yor Space.com link:

When it comes to the 100 nearest sunlike stars within a few dozen light years, these findings suggest that only about two might have earthlike worlds.

Do you know wich distances they mean when they say near and far away? :D

They haven't found anything yet, they assume earthlike worlds because the distance from their suns and their size corresponds with our planet, they can't even see the surface or atmosphere of those ( 2 ) "near" planets.

And if you talk about FTL travelling:

Faster-than-light (also superluminal or FTL) communications and travel refer to the propagation of information or matter faster than the speed of light. Under the special theory of relativity, a particle (that has rest mass) with subluminal velocity needs infinite energy to accelerate to the speed of light, although special relativity does not forbid the existence of particles that travel faster than light at all times (tachyons).
On the other hand, what some physicists refer to as "apparent" or "effective" FTL[1][2][3][4] depends on the hypothesis that unusually distorted regions of spacetime might permit matter to reach distant locations in less time than light could in normal or undistorted spacetime.

The laws of physics exist in the alien worlds as well, one thing is speed of light and the other to build a machine wich travels at the speed of light. Even if there is one uberdeveloped alien species who use dark materia for enrgy, why do you think they would suddenly pick us and not travel in the other direction? I guess that there are worlds much interesting than ours :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back