UFLT - Laptime / Telemetry logging tool

Hi,

Since I was missing a tool where I can compare my laptimes, see my progression and analyze telemetry data I developed a tool that is capable of handling all this stuff.

The tool is currently in heavy development and I think now is the right moment to get some users into it.

At the current stage laptimes and sector times are recorded. Telemetry is in the making, but this is a separate topic because of data amounts etc.
What you need to do:
  • Download and launch the client from here
  • Launch RR and do your laps.
  • Find your recorded laps there: www.010102.de

For those who are interested the stack:
- Spring Boot Backend
- Cassandra DB
- Elasticsearch

Looking forwards to your comments and ideas.

Alex

1573454890610.png

1573454937801.png

1573454907715.png

OK @filthz good explanation of the imaginary 1st lap ;)

Yeah I can see your pic of a comming telemetry tool.
And I will probably check it out if you create it.:thumbsup:

But the reason Im SO ENORMOUSLY interested in a Raceroom to MoteC "translator" is because all the way back when I in RL was driving FF1600 we used this professional telemetry tool.
So I know what it can do.
And I know also that you can get the telemetry part for free.:thumbsup:
Hehe I even used its integrated prog language to create a way to display the grip value(!) of the tire of a car different places on a track (in rF2 and iRacing).
None of the toyish "telemetry" tools are able to do that.:p

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Would it be possible as example as a user to influence how/when ones old laptimes get deleted from your server?
Because personally Im only interested in my laptimes a few days back.

Ok i see. I will put it on my list and take a look into the format. Quick googling seems that its not open, see last post here: https://www.motec.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=479

Currently laptimes stay forever. Would you want to delete old laptimes? You can order them by date so you get the most recent ones on the top of the list.

Regarding missing laps: I was able to reproduce the issue, see the Edit in my last posting. I already fixed it but its not released as update yet as I want to make sure it works ;)

3.0 is out, which fixes this nasty "restart bug"
Sounds good. Will check it out.
In my case I allways close and restart your tool before restarting Raceroom.
I dont know but could it have something to do with different ways of leaving Raceroom.
I mean after you have done some laps you can leave RR directly from track - or first get into Garage and then leave. And directly from track you can either stop or crash - and then leave.
This is 4 slightly different scenarious.

Conserning the MoteC licensing issue and their proprietary ld file format - then it has allways been this way.
Back in the RL FF1600 days we had to get (and pay for license) and its officially the same for sim racing.
But the MoteC company knows quite well that both iRacers and rF2 are using MoteC via the 2x "translators" to convert the output from iRacing/rF2 to the MoteC file format!
And un-officially they dont care - at least until somebody try to make money out of a such a "translator".
Or rather they probably consider it as a free advertising for their telemetry tool in the sim racing world.
Which is much better than the bad advertising they would get if they sued such use of their product.;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I forgot that the iRacing to MoteC translator (socalled MU.exe) is not created by iRacing.
Its exactly as to rF2 created by a 3rd party programmer offered for free download. :thumbsup:

Could you send me a iRacing logging file that I can convert for testing?

What I´m currently thinking of:
I can offer export of my data in iRacing .ibt format which you can convert to motec with the tool you mentioned.

Last edited:
Could you send me a iRacing logging file that I can convert for testing?

What I´m currently thinking of:
I can offer export of my data in iRacing .ibt format which you can convert to motec with the tool you mentioned.
OK that could be one way of doing that - but how about doing the same as these 2 guys have done for iRacing and rF2.
If you do the same for Raceroom you will by garantee be more famous - and it will be easier for users to convert;)

Its about 2 years ago I was a member of iRacing and was able to use MoteC - but searching my HD I found 2 files (.ld and .idx) MoTeC requires.
They are converted from rF2 via the tool created of Lazza (easily contactable via forum.studio-397.com).
And just refreshing my memory about the MU/iRacing tool then its created by a (rather friendly) guy Patrick Moore.
His mail adr can be found on the following site:

Mu - Telemetry Exporter for iRacing
Developed by Patrick Moore (patrickwmoore@gmail.com)
Mu is a telemetry exporter that converts iRacing telemetry files (.ibt) into to files that can be read by MoTeC's i2
You can either start Mu before starting an iRacing session, or run it subsequently to convert any '.ibt' files to the '.ld' and '.idx' files MoTeC requires.
My guess is that you dont have to start from scratch conserning the MoteC format if you does contact one of these guys.:)
EDIT: OK it looks like I couldnt attach a zip file of 14Mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Problems again:(
I can see you have updated to v3.0.
And eventhough the launcher info show both driver car and track then nothing was recorded by your tool.
I drove about 10 laps - and even made a new LB best :ninja: but your tool refused to recocknize it.

121157-V10.jpgv3.0 Launcher Info.png

You need to check if you have any antivirus or something similar blocking the tool from sending data to the backend. I just tested and there are no issues.

I just uploaded 3.1 it has logging enabled. When you make laps and these are not recorded, please send me the log.txt in your tool folder

Last edited:
OK if Im the only one who report such problems then dont bother.:thumbsup:
Because then it has to be something in my end.
Conserning some antistuff and firewall I have only ZoneAlarm running.
And have allready checked if something in ZA is blocking.
But in ZAs log you can see the following quite normal allowing action taken.
Ill check out your v3.1 - and report back.:)

Description ufltloader requested permission to access the internet.
Rating High
Date / Time 2019-11-17 12:05:40+1:00
Type Repeat Program
Program F:\_Skrivebord\NR2003 GTP\R3E RaceRoom\HUD\Laptime Telemetry Logger Tool - UFLT\Ny virker\ulft_0.5\pcars2-uflt.exe
Source IP
Destination IP 185.87.1.25:443
Direction Outgoing (connect)
Action Taken Allowed
Count 1
Source DNS
Destination DNS www.010102.de
Policy Personal Policy

OK filthz At least the log was recorded :)
But I did run about 10 laps but only 1 was recorded(pic)
Here is the log content:
18-11-2019 12:17:11submitting lapStatusCode: 200, ReasonPhrase: '', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: POST, GET, OPTIONS, DELETE
Access-Control-Max-Age: 3600
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: x-requested-with
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Pragma: no-cache
X-Frame-Options: DENY
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 11:17:11 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.10
Server: (Debian)
Content-Length: 0
Expires: 0
}
1Lap of 10recorded.png

Okay thank you!
Today I found a bug where the tool will fail to record data if it is running longer then ~10 min. Is it maybe the case for you? If yes, I will release a fix today, where data logging is enabled as well.

OK that could be the reason!
I just ran a new session where 3 of 7 laps was recorded.
And "ofcourse" my last lap which was a new All Time Best(120959-V10) wasnt recorded:roflmao:
The log does include some more info.

120959-V10.jpg3of7 recorded.png

Attachments

• 3of7 recorded log.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 181
Update 3.2
- Fixed a bug where submission of laptimes failed after ~10 minutes

- Introduced telemetry recording:
Telemetry will be avaliable for past 3 valid laps. In order to access the telemetry charts you need to click on the chart symbol on the right side of the screen on the page. Recording frequency is 10Hz.

Telemetry is limited to speed, rpm, brake, throttle at the moment.

1574087979077.png

I´ve created an FB Page for easier communication as well

Last edited:
OK filthz now the tool is not recording at all.
I made 2 sessions(restarted your tool + Raceroom) and nothing was recorded.
But I can see in the end of the log that the 2x sesion start s are logged but then "submitting lapmain loop failed".
Is that a clue of whats happening?
EDIT: I dont want to be on Facebook:mad:

Attachments

• after 2sessions noRecording log.txt
    805 bytes · Views: 163
Mmh to me it still looks like something on your pc is preventing the client from communicating with the backend. It tried twice to submit laps and failed to "call home"

Try switching off your antivirus / firewall and try again

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years