I missed the last couple of add on minutes as both the dog and I were tap dancing for the loo, so that ramped up the tension for me.:rolleyes:
Energy levels were amazingly high for the extra time, definitely a soft penalty, and I don't think I've seen Harry Kane take a worse one but he pounced on the rebound.
Commiserations to any Danish supporters. Sunday should be fascinating.
But before that how will England fare against Pakistan with all the changes to the team.

In all honesty, England only have themselves to blame: they had a dream start against Italy and then decided to play the waiting game instead of pushing on, despite the obvious quality in their ranks. I'm convinced had they pushed for a 2nd goal, it would have been game over. Southgate's choices didn't make much sense to me either: so much talent left on the bench until it was way too late (Grealish, Saka)...and playing Italy in what was basically a 5-4-1 formation, what was he thinking ?
Frankly, to me this final was a bit of an anti-climax to an otherwise interesting Euro 2020. For the first time in my personal history of watching Euro or World Cup finals as an impartial spectator ('cos let's face it, Belgium ain't ever gonna reach those) I didn't want either team to win it...I regret staying up this late to watch what was basically a snooze-fest, except for the penalty shoot-outs.

I'm convinced had they pushed for a 2nd goal, it would have been game over.
No argument from me on that one, with the attacking quality on the field and the bench, the players being prepared to give their all it was surprising.
Of course Gareth Southgate is only human, maybe the historical significance got to him and made him err on the side of caution.

No argument from me on that one, with the attacking quality on the field and the bench, the players being prepared to give their all it was surprising.
Of course Gareth Southgate is only human, maybe the historical significance got to him and made him err on the side of caution.

True, no doubt there was an immense weight on his shoulders to "bring it back home", especially since it could have happened at Wembley of all places. Too bad, because I thought England was much stronger as a team than they were 3 years ago at the World Cup. I particularly enjoyed watching Kyle Walker play, what a defender ! And Italy wasn't all that impressive in the final game.
Oh well, water under the bridge...better luck next time.

I really don't get how England ended up with these players for the penalties and also why this order happened..
Why didn't Sterling get a shot?
Why letting very young players shoot that barely played and weren't warmed up from the match?
And why let Kane and Maguire shoot first and then go younger and younger towards the end?

Imo they should've either put the youngsters earlier into the match to acclimate themselves before having to try a penalty and also Maguire or Kane should've been last.
Probably Maguire since most pressure was on Kane throughout the years.

I really don't get how England ended up with these players for the penalties and also why this order happened..
Why didn't Sterling get a shot?
Why letting very young players shoot that barely played and weren't warmed up from the match?
And why let Kane and Maguire shoot first and then go younger and younger towards the end?
The tactics and decisions the manager made throughout the competition led to a final, I don't disagree with your analysis but I'm pretty sure he thought it was the right thing to do.

The tactics and decisions the manager made throughout the competition led to a final, I don't disagree with your analysis but I'm pretty sure he thought it was the right thing to do.
I could understand every other decision. Sometimes you have to gamble if your gut tells you to do so. But in this situation, it was too much :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back