F1 2016 Tyre Wear Program in Free Practices

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all.

I'm in a career with McLaren. Everything is fine but the tyre wear program it's imposible for me to reach good results.

I've tried everything: to drive smoother, reducing speed in corners... but I always finish the lap in the red bar or I don't reach the objective lap time.

Please some help to do this program.

Thanks in advance for your answers and help.;)

In my experience only in fast corners you have to manage tyre wear because there it has a significant influence. Less steering and not flat out is the key. Most of the time after the first fast corner I'm purple and don't lose it anymore.
For example:
  • Melbourne (turns 8, 11, 12)
  • Bahrain (6, 7, 13, 14)
  • China (1, 7, 8, 13)
  • Sochi (4, 10)
As long as you don't lock under braking and/or have massive wheel spin/oversteering on acceleration brakes and throttle aren't a problem. I don't know how far of the pace you are while driving a purple lap. I'm only on expert and usually my purple lap is 0.5-1 seconds in the green. Legend I'm too slow. I don't think setup has a huge influence on tyre wear. Steering, throttle, and brakes have more.

I am in China and in the first turn I am in red... It is horrible!!!

Never break and turn simultaneously (if you care for tire wear). Break before the turn. Also, do not push hard during such a corner. If status is not purple after that corner, don't worry. There are plenty of corners left to improve up to purple again.

It's also best to do the tyre test in FP3 when there is more rubber on the track. Do the middle tyre choice, too soft and they get hewed up, too hard and you can't keep up with the delta.

One thing that also helps is to put the car into rich mix. The delta time seems to be calculated running in standard. In rich you can make up some time on the straights.
Other than that most of the things said here are true. Don't brake and turn. be gentle on the steering and feather the throttle coming out of a turn

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%